King County Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured due to medical malpractice in King County, WA, you may be eligible to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to provide proper medical care and directly causes injury or harm to a patient. At the medical malpractice law firm of Moseley Collins Law, our lawyers have over 40 years of combined experience helping injured victims in Washington State and beyond to obtain the compensation they deserve.Understanding Medical Negligence
Medical malpractice, also known as medical negligence, happens for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis - Failing to properly diagnose a medical condition or incorrectly diagnosing a patient. This can lead to delayed treatment, the wrong medications being prescribed, unnecessary procedures or even premature death.
- Childbirth Injuries - Errors made during labor and delivery, such as use of forceps or vacuum devices, can lead to birth injuries in infants. This includes conditions like brain damage, cerebral palsy and brachial plexus injuries.
- Surgical Errors - Mistakes made before, during or after surgery can result in surgical infections, organ damage, anesthesia errors and retained foreign objects left inside the patient's body.
- Medication Errors - Prescribing the wrong drug, incorrect dosage or failing to check for drug interactions can result in catastrophic injuries.
- Delayed Diagnosis - Failing to order appropriate tests or timely diagnose conditions like cancer can rob patients of the opportunity for early effective treatment.
- Anesthesia Errors - Mistakes with anesthesia, including improper administration or failure to monitor, can cause serious brain damage or death.
No patient expects to be harmed when seeking medical care. But when professionals fail to uphold the proper standard of care, they should be held accountable. At Moseley Collins Law, our sole focus is on representing victims of medical negligence throughout Washington on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no upfront lawyer fees unless we recover compensation for your injuries.Local Hospitals in King County, WA
As the most populous county in Washington State, King County and the city of Seattle have numerous major medical facilities and hospitals:
- Harborview Medical Center - Seattle
- UW Medical Center - Seattle
- Seattle Children's Hospital - Seattle
- Overlake Medical Center - Bellevue
- St. Francis Hospital - Federal Way
- Virginia Mason Medical Center - Seattle
- Valley Medical Center - Renton
- Swedish Medical Center - Multiple Locations in King County
In addition to the major hospitals and medical centers in Seattle, there are dozens of smaller urgent care clinics, nursing homes, physician offices and other healthcare facilities located throughout King County and the surrounding region. We have helped victims of medical negligence pursue claims against providers in Seattle, Bellevue, Kent, Renton, Federal Way, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah and more.Common Injuries From Medical Malpractice
Depending on the specific circumstances, medical malpractice can potentially lead to a wide range of serious injuries and conditions. Some of the most common medical malpractice injuries we see include:
- Brain Injuries - Lack of oxygen, surgical errors, medication overdoses, anesthesia accidents and childbirth complications can lead to lifelong conditions like cerebral palsy, paralysis, and cognitive impairment. Patients may require extensive rehabilitation, homecare and have a substantially reduced life expectancy.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Damage to the spinal cord often has catastrophic consequences, resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia. Patients lose mobility, bladder/bowel function and the ability to live independently.
- Amputation - Surgical mistakes and undiagnosed infections can necessitate the amputation of limbs when early intervention may have saved the extremity. Amputees require prosthetics and endure severe limitations.
- Birth Injuries - Labor & delivery negligence accounts for devastating infant injuries like Erb's palsy, facial paralysis, bone fractures and hypoxic brain damage. These conditions result in severe disabilities.
- Surgical Errors - Foreign objects left in the body after surgery, damage to organs, severe infections, anesthesia accidents and improper wound closure can lead to significant harm. Additional surgeries are often necessary.
- Misdiagnosis - Failure to diagnose cancer, heart attacks, strokes, infections and other conditions in a timely manner robs patients of the opportunity for effective early treatment. Health declines and death is more likely.
- Medication Errors - Prescribing the wrong drug, giving an improper dose or failing to warn of side effects can cause grave injuries ranging from organ failure to wrongful death.
The experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have helped many seriously injured due to substandard medical care in Seattle, King County and across the state of Washington. We fight on behalf of our injured clients to hold negligent doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and healthcare providers fully accountable.Areas We Serve in King County, WA
Moseley Collins Law assists medical malpractice victims throughout King County and surrounding communities. Some of the major areas we provide legal representation for clients injured by medical negligence include:
Seattle - As the largest city in Washington, we help many malpractice victims in Seattle receive justice after being injured by the negligent actions of healthcare professionals and hospitals in the city.
Bellevue - The fifth largest city in Washington, located just east of Seattle across Lake Washington. Bellevue is home to some of the top rated hospitals and medical facilities in the region.
Kent - Located in the south region of King County, Kent hosts a population of nearly 130,000 residents. Our lawyers assist those injured by medical malpractice at Kent area hospitals, clinics and nursing homes.
Renton - Situated on the southeast shore of Lake Washington, we help victims of medical negligence hold healthcare providers in Renton accountable.
Federal Way - With over 95,000 citizens, Federal Way is a fast growing King County suburb. Our lawyers handle malpractice claims against doctors, dentists and nurses in Federal Way.
Redmond - The seventh largest city in Washington, Redmond is the home of Microsoft and multiple healthcare providers. We represent victims of malpractice injured in Redmond.
Kirkland - Google and other technology companies are headquartered in Kirkland, which is situated along the shores of Lake Washington. Our lawyers assist malpractice victims injured by Kirkland healthcare professionals.
Issaquah - We help injured malpractice clients pursue claims against hospitals, doctors, nursing homes and medical clinics in Issaquah and eastern King County.
Bothell - Located in the northeast region of King County with a population of around 50,000 residents. Our lawyers handle malpractice cases involving medical providers in Bothell.
Regardless of whether you live in a major city like Seattle or a smaller suburban community, our dedicated medical malpractice lawyers make it convenient to meet with our injured clients throughout King County and all of Washington state. We are able to schedule home visits or consultations at our local office.Investigating Medical Malpractice Claims
Successfully winning medical malpractice lawsuits on behalf of injured clients requires meticulous investigation and building a strong case. When examining potential malpractice claims, our lawyers take the following steps:
- Order Medical Records - We obtain all relevant medical records, charts, doctors' notes, surgical reports, lab results and diagnostic images related to the patient's care. Medical records provide insight into what happened and help identify potential breaches in the standard of care.
- Consult Medical Experts - Our firm consults with board certified specialist physicians to provide expert opinions about whether malpractice occurred. Having renowned medical experts support our cases lends added credibility when taking action against negligent healthcare providers.
- Gather Evidence - Beyond medical records, our lawyers gather supporting evidence through witness interviews, depositions, site inspections and research into the healthcare provider's background. Compelling evidence is key to proving liability.
- Determine Damages - To seek full financial compensation, our team gathers evidence of all damages endured. This includes medical expenses, lost income, pain/suffering, disability, disfigurement, emotional distress and other losses stemming from the malpractice.
- Negotiate Settlements - Once a strong case has been built, we leverage it during negotiations with hospitals, doctors and insurance carriers. Our goal is maximizing financial recovery for the injuries and losses our clients have suffered.
The skilled medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law thoroughly investigate each claim to build the strongest case possible on behalf of our injured clients. Our firm maintains long standing relationships with trusted medical experts from coast to coast. For any potential malpractice case, we consult with a minimum of four different medical specialists during our investigation. This provides invaluable insight into the case from renowned doctors who are leaders in their fields of medicine.Why Choose Us?
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim requires dedication, resources and unwavering commitment to clients. Moseley Collins Law possesses over four decades of combined experience successfully representing victims of medical negligence in the U.S. and has the financial resources to take on large hospital systems and insurance companies. Benefits of choosing us include:
- Track Record of Results - Our proven history of obtaining substantial financial recoveries for clients enhances the credibility and strength of each case we handle. Defendants know we have the resolve to go the distance in court if necessary.
- Medical Expertise - With connections to medical experts nationwide, we have unparalleled access to specialist physicians who provide opinions on the standards of care applicable in each case.
- Compassion for Clients - We build close relationships with each client, treat them like family, and provide highly personalized service. Our supportive approach during the legal process brings comfort to our injured clients.
- Contingency Fee Representation - We advance all costs necessary to pursue claims and collect payment only if we obtain financial recovery on behalf of our injured clients. This ensures access to quality legal representation.
- Staffed for Success - Our dedicated team includes renowned lawyers, seasoned medical professionals and talented legal support staff all focused on seeking justice for those harmed by medical negligence.
- Communicative & Transparent - We are fully transparent regarding case strategy and help clients make well-informed decisions. Our lawyers and staff provide prompt communication and are always accessible to clients.
The choice of legal representation makes a major difference in the outcome of medical malpractice cases. The proven lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have the skills, experience and resources to maximize financial compensation so clients can move forward with their lives. We welcome injured victims throughout King County and Washington state to contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.Free Consultations in King County
If you or someone you care about has suffered harm due to medical malpractice anywhere in King County, we encourage you to reach out to the legal team at Moseley Collins Law. We are pleased to offer free, no obligation consultations at our office, your home, or any other convenient location.
Our goal during the initial consultation is to listen to your story, understand your situation, answer all questions and advise you regarding your legal options. We will provide an honest assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your potential medical malpractice claim.
Even if we are unable to accept your case due to the facts or circumstances, we will gladly point you in the right direction and offer recommendations regarding trusted legal resources. At Moseley Collins Law, we care deeply about seeing justice done for victims of medical negligence - even if we are not ultimately able to represent them directly in every situation.
To schedule your free consultation with an experienced Seattle medical malpractice lawyer, please call us at 800-426-5546 or contact us online. We are here to help and look forward to assisting you.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice in Washington State?
Under Washington law, medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider fails to meet the accepted standard of care and directly causes injury or harm to a patient as a result. Some common examples include surgical errors, medication mistakes, childbirth injuries, failure to diagnose conditions, anesthesia accidents and more. The injuries caused must be significant, not just minor.How Do I Know if I Have a Valid Medical Malpractice Case?
Determining if you have a legitimate malpractice case requires investigating the specifics of what happened. Our lawyers order medical records, consult with independent expert physicians, gather evidence and thoroughly examine every aspect of what occurred. If our detailed investigation reveals errors and negligence directly led to significant injury or harm, you likely have a strong claim.What Types of Compensation Are Available in a King County Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Compensation potentially available includes coverage of medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earnings, pain and suffering damages, costs for ongoing care and treatment, and wrongful death damages if negligence resulted in a fatality. The experienced lawyers at our firm strive to build the strongest case possible to seek full financial recovery.How Much Does it Cost to Hire a King County Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Our firm represents all medical malpractice victims on a contingency fee basis. This means no upfront costs or lawyer's fees for our clients. We only collect payment if we successfully resolve your case through a settlement or jury verdict award. You pay nothing out of pocket.How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in WA?
Under the statute of limitations, medical malpractice victims generally have 3 years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit. There are exceptions in cases involving minors, disabilities, concealed negligence or the discovery of foreign objects left inside a patient's body. Our lawyers act promptly to preserve our clients' rights.