Mercer Island Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Suffering an injury at the hands of a trusted medical professional can leave your life in pieces. You may be facing soaring medical bills, unable to work and support your family, and dealing with unbearable pain and emotional distress. If a healthcare provider's mistakes, carelessness or negligence caused your injury, you need strong legal representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer can thoroughly investigate your case, build strong evidence of negligence, and help you recover damages that can assist with recovery and healing.
For over 40 years, victims of medical malpractice have turned to Moseley Collins Law for committed legal representation and compassionate support. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for clients who were harmed by substandard medical care. We provide honest case assessments, clearly explain your legal options, and build a comprehensive claim designed to maximize compensation for all aspects of damage done. Even if we cannot accept your case, our consultation is free, and we will point you in the right direction.What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice in Mercer Island, WA?
Medical malpractice, also known as medical negligence, occurs when a healthcare professional fails to meet accepted standards of medical care, resulting in patient injury or harm that would have otherwise been preventable. Some examples of medical negligence include:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of a serious condition like cancer or heart disease
- Surgical mistakes and errors made during procedures
- Failure to detect fetal distress and preventable birth injuries to baby and mother
- Medication errors, pharmacy mixups, and adverse drug interactions
- Inadequate patient monitoring and lack of follow-up care
- Failure to seek patient consent for treatment or procedures
To successfully prove a medical malpractice claim in Washington, four key elements must be established:
- A direct provider-patient relationship existed. This creates a legal duty of care.
- The healthcare provider breached their duty of care through substandard treatment, errors, or negligence.
- The breach directly caused injury and damages to the patient.
- Quantifiable economic and non-economic damages resulted, which may include medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other hardships.
Thorough investigation and litigation are crucial to proving these elements and establishing liability. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer knows how to build a strong claim by working with medical experts, combing through records, and identifying negligence. With a seasoned lawyer fighting for your rights, you can have confidence that your story will be heard.Examples of Common Medical Negligence Cases
Medical malpractice can take many forms. Our firm has successfully handled a wide range of medical negligence cases throughout Mercer Island and nearby cities:
- Surgical Errors: Preventable mistakes during surgery, such as nerve damage, punctured organs, infections, objects left inside patients after procedures, problems with anesthesia, and improper site surgery.
- Emergency Room Errors: Failure to properly diagnose and treat conditions like strokes, heart attacks, and appendicitis that lead to disability or death. Lack of follow up care.
- Birth Injuries: Preventable injuries to mother or baby during labor and delivery due to improper use of medications and failure to monitor fetal distress. Errors like deprivation of oxygen to the brain.
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer: Failure to order appropriate tests, delays in diagnosis, and failure to refer patients to specialists in time to treat cancer. Patients suffer extensive spread of disease.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Bedsores, dehydration, malnutrition, unsanitary conditions, excessive sedation, and other neglect at nursing homes or long term care facilities.
- Medication Errors: Prescribing or administering the wrong medication or dosage. Pharmacy dispensing errors. Lack of consideration for drug interactions.
No matter how complex your case may seem, our dedicated medical malpractice lawyers have the litigation experience, resources, and strategic legal abilities to thoroughly investigate negligence and fight for maximum compensation.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Malpractice Case in Mercer Island, WA
Moseley Collins Law has proudly represented victims of medical negligence in Mercer Island and throughout the Pacific Northwest. When you choose us, you can expect:
A Full-Service Law Firm Behind You: Our robust resources, connections with medical experts, and professional investigation team give us what we need to take on any malpractice case and maximize recovery. Our lawyers will be by your side from start to finish.
Laser-Focused Representation: Every client works directly with a lawyer, never passed off to paralegals or assistants. We get to know you and your story well, customizing our legal strategy to seek fair compensation.
Contingency-Based Fees: We do not get paid lawyers' fees unless we win your case. Contingency representation means anyone can pursue justice, even with limited means.
Reputation for Record Results: Our track record of 7 and 8-figure settlements shows our ability to successfully resolve even the most complex medical malpractice claims in Washington.
The Seattle medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law are ready to review the details of your case in a free consultation. Even if we cannot accept your case, we are happy to offer guidance and point you in the right direction at no charge. Let our team put 40+ years of experience to work for you.What to Expect When Pursuing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Successfully resolving a medical malpractice claim takes time and strategic legal representation. Here is a general overview of what to expect when you pursue compensation with our Mercer Island medical malpractice lawyers:
- Free case evaluation - We review your situation in confidence to determine if you may have a claim.
- In-depth investigation - Our team gathers all pertinent medical records, test results, employment information and evidence. Medical experts provide reviews.
- Case filed - If supported by investigation, we file a lawsuit complaint detailing counts of provable negligence.
- Discovery process - We seek testimony, documents, and evidence from defendants relevant to your claim. Depositions may occur.
- Settlement negotiation - Most cases settle out of court once liability evidence is clear. We negotiate for full compensation.
- Trial - If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial. Our lawyers are highly seasoned litigators.
- Appellate options - If the outcome is unsatisfactory, we can pursue appeals options.
You can trust our lawyers to handle every stage of the legal process with skill and dedication. We keep clients informed and involved every step of the way.Our Proven Track Record of Results
The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have successfully resolved hundreds of complex cases involving mistakes by doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other healthcare providers. While each case has unique facts, we have a proven ability to secure just compensation.
Our in-depth investigation, legal experience, and litigation skills consistently lead to maximum compensation for the victims of medical negligence and their families. Let us put our proven record of success to work for you.Hospitals and Medical Facilities Serving Residents of Mercer Island
Below are some of the major hospitals and medical facilities serving residents of Mercer Island and the surrounding communities:Overlake Medical Center
1035 116th Ave NE Bellevue, WA 98004 https://www.overlakehospital.org/
UW Medical Center - Northwest
1550 N 115th St, Seattle, WA 98133 https://www.uwmedicine.org/locations/northwest
1505 116th Ave. NE #100 Bellevue, WA 98004 https://www.eastsidepeds.com/
Swedish Medical Center - First Hill Campus
747 Broadway Seattle, WA 98122 https://www.swedish.org/locations/first-hill-campus
EvergreenHealth Medical Center - Kirkland
12040 NE 128th St Kirkland, WA 98034 https://evergreenhealth.com/locations/kirkland
Seattle Children’s Hospital
4800 Sand Point Way NE Seattle, WA 98105 https://www.seattlechildrens.org/
Eastside Endoscopy Center
1600 116th Ave NE #100 Bellevue, WA 98004 https://endoscopycenter.com/
Pacific Medical Centers
1200 112th Ave NE #A150 Bellevue, WA 98004 https://www.pacmed.org/clinics/bellevue/
Eastside Surgical Center
3100 Northup Way #140 Bellevue, WA 98004 https://www.eastsidesurgicalcenter.com/
The Polyclinic Madison Center
1600 E Madison St, Seattle, WA 98122 https://www.polyclinic.com/locations/madison-center-seattle-wa/
Virginia Mason Medical Center
1100 9th Ave Seattle, WA 98101 https://www.virginiamason.org/seattleSchedule a Free Consultation With Dedicated Medical Malpractice Team
Moseley Collins Law offers free consultations so we can evaluate the details of your situation, answer all questions, and help you understand your legal options after medical negligence causes injury in Mercer Island or the surrounding areas. Contact our office or request a case evaluation online to get started. Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers are standing by to help you seek justice.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Are Common Medical Mistakes That Are Considered Malpractice?
Some of the most common forms of medical malpractice we see involve surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose illnesses, childbirth injuries, lack of informed consent, medication errors, poor follow-up care, negligence in nursing homes, dental errors, and negligent referrals to other physicians. Any medical error that causes preventable patient harm may constitute negligence.What Types of Damages Could I Recover in a Malpractice Lawsuit?
If negligence is proven, you may recover damages like past and future medical costs, rehabilitation and long-term care expenses, lost income and benefits, and “pain and suffering” damages covering mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life. Rare cases end in multi-million dollar verdicts.Who Pays My Damages if I Win?
Compensation usually comes from the malpractice insurance carrier of the negligent provider and healthcare organization named in the lawsuit. Some parties may also pay out-of-pocket. Moseley Collins Law handles negotiations with all liable parties.How Much Does a Malpractice Lawyer Cost?
We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only collect if we win compensation for you. This removes financial barriers to obtaining skilled legal help. Out-of-pocket costs are also shared with the client upon recovery.What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Malpractice Claim in Washington?
In most cases you have 3 years from the date of injury to start the legal process or you may waive the right to pursue compensation. Minors, mental disability and concealment of negligence can toll the statute of limitations.