Maple Valley Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Medical errors can cause tremendous suffering. If you or someone you love has been harmed by substandard medical care in Maple Valley, Washington, a medical malpractice lawyer may be able to help. Specialist lawyers can investigate what went wrong, determine if malpractice occurred, and pursue compensation to cover your losses.
At the law firm of Moseley Collins Law, our lawyers have decades of experience handling medical negligence claims. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients who were injured due to mistakes made by doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other healthcare providers. If we take your case, you pay no fees unless we obtain financial damages for you.
This page provides an overview of medical malpractice claims in Maple Valley, WA. It covers:
- Examples of medical negligence
- Top reasons to choose us as your malpractice law firm
- Cities and towns we serve near Maple Valley
- Types of serious injuries malpractice can cause
- Overview of how a malpractice lawsuit works
- Local hospitals serving Maple Valley residents
We also explain why it’s important to contact our malpractice lawyers promptly if you suspect you are the victim of a healthcare error.Medical Malpractice Basics
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, nurse, technician, hospital, or other healthcare provider fails to meet accepted standards of medical care. This failure results in injury or death to a patient that would have been avoided with proper medical care.
Some examples of medical malpractice that may happen in Maple Valley include:
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose serious conditions like cancer or heart disease
- Surgical mistakes and problems, such as operating on the wrong area of the body
- Mistakes during childbirth that harm the baby, like use of excessive force
- Medication errors like administering the wrong drug or wrong dose
- Ordering improper medical treatments for the patient’s symptoms
- Failure to order tests or procedures that would have detected the patient’s condition
- Ignoring abnormal test results and not following up appropriately
- Poor doctor-patient communication about health risks
These types of medical errors often lead to severe injuries, permanent disabilities, and chronic health problems. Patients and families suffer physically, emotionally, and financially.
While not every poor outcome indicates negligence, you may have grounds for a malpractice claim when substandard medical care causes harm. A lawyer can help you determine if you have a valid legal case.Why Choose Us for Your Medical Malpractice Case in Maple Valley, WA?
Moseley Collins Law provides dedicated medical malpractice representation to clients harmed by healthcare negligence in Maple Valley and communities throughout the Puget Sound region. Our accomplishments include:
- Over 40 years of medical malpractice litigation experience.
- Millions recovered in compensation for victims of medical negligence.
- National reputation for high-quality legal work. We handle complex malpractice cases other firms turn down.
- A legal team that includes medical consultants. Their expertise strengthens our ability to prove malpractice.
- No legal fees owed unless we win your case. We take malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis.
Moseley Collins Law provides legal representation for medical malpractice victims throughout the Greater Seattle area. We take cases from clients in:
- Maple Valley
- Black Diamond
- North Bend
- Fall City
Regardless of the city or hospital where malpractice occurred, we fight for injured clients across King County and throughout the state of Washington. Our goal is obtaining justice so victims and families can focus on healing and recovery.Severe Injuries Caused by Medical Negligence
Due to errors in diagnosis, medication prescriptions, surgery, childbirth and other treatment, medical malpractice can result in catastrophic harm with lifelong effects. Some of the serious injuries in medical malpractice cases include:
- Brain damage - Oxygen deprivation and other mistakes can cause permanent brain damage and disability. This may require around-the-clock nursing care.
- Spinal cord injuries - Mistakes during surgery or failure to immobilize after an accident can result in partial or total paralysis.
- Amputation - Surgical errors and other mistakes may necessitate amputation of a limb. This causes permanent disability.
- Permanent disability - Errors during labor and delivery can inflict shoulder dystocia, Erb's palsy, and other nerve damage on infants.
- Surgical mistakes - Technical errors during procedures can damage organs and necessitate further surgery to repair.
- Misdiagnosis of cancer or heart disease - Failure to detect these life-threatening diseases reduces chances of successful treatment.
- Anesthesia mistakes - These errors during surgery can lead to brain damage or death.
Managing severe injuries requires extensive medical treatment and often Around-the-clock home healthcare. Financial compensation enables access to the care and assistance needed for the best possible quality of life.
Though no amount of money can undo the damage, financial compensation enables access to ongoing care and improves quality of life. Maximum compensation for losses is often necessary to pay for 24/7 home healthcare, wheelchair accessible transportation, and home modifications to accommodate disabilities. Our lawyers fight hard to obtain full damages for our clients after medical errors.Overview of the Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Process
Medical malpractice cases involve a complex legal process that begins with an investigation into exactly what went wrong with your treatment. Key steps include:
- Ordering medical records and having our medical consultants review them for potential errors.
- Investigating the circumstances behind the malpractice.
- Assessing the impact on the patient’s health and quality of life.
- Researching medical standards and guidelines breached.
- Demonstrating how proper medical care could have prevented the injury.
- Sending official notice of intent to sue the providers and facilities involved.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement and avoid trial.
- Filing a malpractice lawsuit in King County Superior Court if a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached.
Washington has a 3-year statute of limitations for medical negligence claims, meaning you have 3 years from the date of injury to pursue legal action. There are exceptions in cases involving minors, brain damage, or discovery of a foreign object left inside the body. Still, we advise contacting our office immediately after any type of medical error to protect your right to recovery. Time limits can pass quickly during recovery and treatment.
Though most cases settle before trial, our lawyers are fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary. We have decades of experience convincing juries to deliver fair verdicts for our injured clients. You can trust our strategic legal team to handle your case from start to finish.Maple Valley Hospitals and Medical Facilities
Maple Valley is served by several major hospitals and medical centers located within a short drive. These include:
- Valley Medical Center - A 326-bed hospital and Level II trauma center located in Renton, about 15 minutes from Maple Valley. Valley Medical Center provides emergency care, cancer treatment, orthopedics, maternity services, and other specialties.
- Overlake Medical Center - Based in Bellevue, Overlake Medical Center has 347 beds and is about a 20 minute drive from Maple Valley. They offer emergency medicine, cancer care, heart services, neurology, childbirth facilities, and more.
- Auburn Medical Center - This 153-bed hospital provides emergency care, cancer treatment, joint replacement surgery, childbirth services and more to the Maple Valley area, located about 25 minutes away.
- Eastside Baby Corner - Located right in Maple Valley, this pediatric clinic provides well-child visits, vaccines, and medical care for local infants and children.
Any of these major hospitals and clinics could potentially be liable for medical malpractice resulting in harm to Maple Valley patients. Their physicians, nurses, technicians and other staff must uphold proper standards of medical treatment. Our lawyers are prepared to pursue claims against any negligent healthcare provider.Speak to Our Medical Malpractice Team in Maple Valley, WA
No one expects to become the victim of medical negligence, but if it happens, you need an advocate to fight for your rights. The Maple Valley medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law are here to help. We will conduct a thorough investigation into what went wrong and advise you regarding your legal options. Our representation provides the compassionate support and strategic advocacy injury victims deserve.
To arrange a free consultation with our team regarding a potential malpractice case in Maple Valley or nearby communities, get in touch with us by calling 800-426-5546 or contact us online.
We are standing by to provide caring and professional legal guidance regarding your medical injury case. Our only goal is obtaining the maximum compensation you deserve after substandard medical care in Maple Valley. With an elite team of lawyers on your side, you can focus on healing while we handle the legal process. Reach out today to learn how an experienced medical malpractice lawyer can help.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Exactly is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to meet accepted standards of medical care, resulting in injury or harm to a patient. Examples may include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose a condition, medication errors, childbirth injuries, and more. Substandard medical care that causes harm constitutes negligence.How Can I Know if I Have a Valid Malpractice Claim in Maple Valley, WA?
You may have a valid claim if you or a loved one suffered harm that would have been prevented with proper medical care. An experienced medical malpractice lawyer can review what happened and advise you regarding negligence issues. Key factors we assess include medical records, expert opinions on standards of care, and the full impact of the medical error on your life.What Types of Damages Can I Recover in a Washington Malpractice Case?
You may recover economic damages like medical costs, lost income, and loss of future earnings capacity. Wrongful death claims allow recovery of funeral costs and loss of companionship.Do I Have to Pay Legal Fees Upfront to Pursue a Malpractice Claim?
At our firm, medical malpractice cases are taken on contingency. This means no upfront payment is required from injured patients and families. We only collect a fee if compensation is recovered for you. Contingency fee representation makes it possible for injury victims to have their day in court.What if the Statute of Limitations is Nearing Expiration on My Claim?
Washington's statute sets a 3-year deadline to file medical malpractice claims. But this clock starts ticking at the time you reasonably discover you have suffered harm. Complex cases often benefit from swift action to preserve evidence, so call us immediately about a potential malpractice claim in Maple Valley or elsewhere in WA.