Deschutes County Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in Deschutes County or central Oregon due to medical negligence, you need an experienced lawyer fighting for your rights. Medical mistakes often result in devastating outcomes for patients and families - leaving victims with massive medical bills, lost incomes, disability, pain and suffering. The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law are here to help families in Deschutes County and surrounding Oregon communities seek the compensation they deserve.
With four decades of experience handling complex medical negligence claims, our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients injured by substandard medical care across the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. We conduct thorough investigations to build strong cases and hold healthcare providers fully accountable. If medical errors caused you or your family member harm, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation with our firm.Common Medical Malpractice Cases
Some areas of medicine see more errors than others, but malpractice can occur across all specialties. At Moseley Collins Law, our Deschutes County medical malpractice lawyers frequently see cases that involve:
- Failure to diagnose serious conditions like cancer, infections, strokes - For example, a doctor failing to order tests or properly interpret results that would have detected appendicitis before the appendix ruptures.
- Surgical mistakes - operating on the wrong site, leaving foreign objects inside patients after surgery, damage to organs, blood vessels or nerves. Surgical errors often lead to severe infections, disability or death.
- Medication errors by doctors, nurses or pharmacists - ordering or administering the wrong medications, giving improper doses, ignoring drug allergies, failing to manage side effects. Medication errors typically cause dire complications.
- Birth injuries like cerebral palsy and brachial plexus injuries - when doctors or nurses fail to properly monitor distress during labor and delivery leading to oxygen deprivation or nerve damage in infants.
- Nursing home negligence - falls, bedsores, poor care, malnutrition, infections. Nursing home patients often depend completely on staff who fail to assist with basic care, hygiene, nutrition and medications.
No matter where medical negligence occurs, our firm can fully investigate to identify every liable party and build a claim for maximum compensation under Oregon law. With an in-depth understanding of medical treatments and standards of care, we identify how healthcare professionals breached their duties. Our record of success stands as evidence of our effectiveness in proving medical malpractice on behalf of injured patients and grieving families.Cities and Towns We Serve
The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law assist those harmed by medical negligence throughout Deschutes County and all of Central Oregon, including these cities and towns:
- La Pine
- Black Butte Ranch
- Warm Springs
Additionally, our Oregon lawyers handle cases stemming from medical errors at healthcare facilities throughout the state. If you received negligent care at any hospital, clinic, doctor’s office, nursing home, assisted living center or other provider located in Deschutes County or anywhere in Oregon, we encourage you to reach out. We are committed to helping families obtain accountability and compensation after medical negligence leads to catastrophic injury or wrongful death.Major Hospitals and Health Systems in Deschutes County & Central Oregon
Some of the largest hospitals and medical centers serving patients in the Deschutes County and Central Oregon area include:
- St. Charles Health System - Operates hospitals, clinics and primary care offices throughout Central Oregon. Based in Bend with facilities in Redmond, Prineville, Madras and other communities.
- Mosaic Medical - Community health centers and clinics located throughout Central Oregon providing primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, dental and more.
- PacificSource Health Plans - Regional health insurance provider based in Springfield, OR with tens of thousands of members in Deschutes and neighboring counties.
If you or someone you love suffered harm due to medical negligence at any central Oregon healthcare provider, the lawyers at Moseley Collins Law can investigate what happened and fight for your rights. Reach out today for a free consultation.Common Injuries from Medical Negligence
Given the complex nature of medicine today, even reasonable mistakes can have severe consequences for patients. Some of the most catastrophic injuries our Deschutes County medical malpractice lawyers see in cases involving negligence include:
- Brain damage - Lack of oxygen and other errors can lead to hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, cerebral palsy, and cognitive deficits requiring lifetime care costing millions of dollars.
- Spinal cord injuries - Damage to the spinal cord can cause partial or total paralysis. This often leads to permanent disability along with loss of mobility, sensation and functioning of bladder/bowels.
- Amputation - Surgical errors and advanced infections may necessitate amputation of limbs when providers fail to restore blood flow or control disease progression. Amputation dramatically impacts quality of life.
- Blindness - Medication errors, anesthesia accidents, undiagnosed increased cranial pressure and other issues can result in total or partial vision loss forever changing a person's independence.
- Wrongful death - Delays in diagnosis and treatment, improper performance of procedures, disregard for symptoms, and other negligence can end lives prematurely when timely care may have saved a patient. No amount of money can ever make up for losing a loved one.
Holding negligent doctors, nurses and healthcare providers responsible is the only way to make things right after malpractice leads to such catastrophic results. Our firm can help you understand your legal options and whether you have a case in Oregon.Key Elements of a Medical Malpractice Claim in Oregon
Like most states, Oregon has specific laws governing medical malpractice claims and what patients must prove to show a healthcare provider acted negligently. In general, the key elements include demonstrating:
- A provider-patient relationship existed so the provider owed a duty of care
- The provider breached the duty of care, deviating from accepted standards
- The breach directly caused identifiable physical harm
Successfully proving malpractice means showing exactly how the healthcare professional failed to meet expected standards of medical care, and how that specific failure harmed you or your loved one. Evaluating complex cases requires consulting nursing and physician experts to analyze medical records and provide testimony.
With decades of experience, our firm has cultivated relationships with trustworthy medical experts across every specialty including anesthesiology, cardiology, emergency medicine, hospital administration, nursing care, obstetrics, oncology, pharmacy practices, surgery procedures and more. Their expertise is invaluable in understanding exactly what went wrong and where providers breached their duties.Statute of Limitations on Medical Negligence Claims
Under Oregon law, those injured by medical errors generally have two years from the date of injury to file a malpractice lawsuit. However, the clock may run from the date a person discovers negligence in some scenarios. For injuries to minors, cases must generally be filed by age 20.
With complicated rules and sometimes vague injury dates, you could lose your right to recover down the road if legal action is not taken promptly. Our Deschutes County medical malpractice lawyers recognize the urgency of preserving a victim’s rights by beginning investigations and filing claims as quickly as possible.Track Record of Past Results
When navigating the complex legal process following medical negligence, clients place their trust in lawyers to produce results and secure the outcome they deserve. Moseley Collins Law is proud to be recognized as having one of the top medical malpractice litigation teams nationwide due to our proven history of accomplishment over decades.
Though each case has unique aspects and no lawyer can ethically promise a specific result, our firm has built a distinguished record of multi-million dollar recoveries for clients in all types of medical negligence cases over our 40 year history.
If we take your case, you can trust that our entire team will work with the goal of securing full financial recovery for your harms and losses. We have the expertise, resources and determination to stand up to negligent healthcare providers on issues involving the most severe medical errors.Why Choose Us?
Moseley Collins Law stands out as the right choice for victims of medical negligence in Deschutes County, Oregon and nationwide because of our:
- Four decades of in-depth medical malpractice litigation experience that brings strategic perspective to these complex cases.
- Meticulous approach to investigating failures in patient care, leaving no detail unscrutinized. This builds leverage in negotiations.
- Superior access to esteemed veteran medical experts who provide authoritative opinions on liability to counters defendant rhetoric.
- Compassionate counsel guiding clients through dense legal intricacies with empathy and concern for their well-being.
- Dedication to personalized representation, understanding no two medical error cases are quite the same.
- Proven track record of sizable recoveries for injured clients, even in difficult or novel cases involving medical negligence.
Our firm provides the legal skill, medical knowledge and personal commitment to clients necessary for resolving medical negligence claims involving catastrophic injury or death. We fight to uncover every detail that caused harm, to prepare aggressively for trial, in order to tenaciously advocate for justice.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Kinds of Cases Do Medical Malpractice Lawyers Handle in Deschutes County?
Our medical malpractice lawyers handle all types of cases involving injuries caused by substandard medical care. These include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose conditions, medication errors, childbirth injuries, and nursing home neglect or abuse cases. Basically any situation where a healthcare provider breaches the standard of care and harms the patient.How Much Does it Cost To Hire You to Handle My Medical Negligence Case?
Like most medical malpractice firms, we represent clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no upfront costs or lawyer’s fees for our services. We only get paid if we secure financial compensation for you. This makes experienced legal help affordable in these complex cases.What Kinds of Damages Might I Recover From My Malpractice Case?
You may be eligible to seek both economic damages like medical bills and lost wages, and non-economic damages like for pain/suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and disabilities caused by negligence. The exact value depends on severity of injuries and facts of the case. In a wrongful death, families can also claim funeral costs and loss of companionship.How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
In Oregon, you generally have 2 years from the date of injury to file a claim, or 2 years from the date you discover negligence took place. Cases involving minors must often be filed shortly after their 18th birthday. Call now for a free consultation so we can evaluate your case and timeframe.