Clackamas County Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Sustaining an injury due to medical negligence can completely disrupt your life. Medical errors cause serious harm, resulting in lost wages, disabilities, tremendous stress, and sky-high expenses. If you or someone you love has experienced medical malpractice by a healthcare provider in Clackamas County or the surrounding communities, you need strong legal advocates on your side.
The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law focus exclusively on representing victims of medical negligence in Oregon and nationwide. With over 40 years of combined litigation experience, we have the skills, track record, and resources to stand up to negligent physicians, hospitals, clinics and insurance companies on behalf of our injured clients.An Overview of Medical Malpractice Law in Oregon
Medical malpractice takes place when a healthcare professional violates the standard of care and causes injury or death to a patient. Under Oregon law ORS 677.095, patients have the right to receive competent medical treatment that meets professional standards. Doctors, nurses, surgeons, medical centers, and other providers can be held liable through a medical malpractice lawsuit when their poor care causes harm.
Some common examples of medical negligence claims in Oregon include:
- Failure to diagnose or delayed diagnosis of a serious illness
- Childbirth injuries to mother or newborn
- Surgical errors and mistakes during procedures
- Medication errors and pharmacy dispensing mistakes
- Misdiagnosis or failure to test for diseases
- Lack of informed consent regarding risks of treatment
To successfully prove medical malpractice in civil court, our lawyers must establish these key elements:
- A direct doctor-patient relationship existed establishing a duty of care
- The healthcare provider breached accepted standards of competent care
- This breach directly caused the patient’s injury or death
- Significant damages occurred due to the medical negligence
Successfully litigating medical malpractice cases requires extensive resources and medical expert witnesses. The lawyers at Moseley Collins Law possess over four decades of combined experience skillfully handling cases for victims and families. We collaborate closely with nationally recognized specialists to analyze mistakes made and strengthen our clients’ claims.Why Choose Us for Your Medical Malpractice Needs?
Pursuing compensation after medical negligence often feels like an uphill battle stacked against injured patients and grieving families. Large insurance carriers fight vigorously against malpractice suits even when negligence is clear. Profit-focused healthcare organizations often refuse to disclose errors or take accountability. Our knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers serving Clackamas County fight to level the playing field for clients injured by medical negligence.
Moseley Collins Law offers client-focused representation concentrating exclusively on medical malpractice litigation in Oregon and nationwide. Benefits of working with our firm include:
- 40+ Years of Combined Legal Experience - Our lawyers have spent decades handling complex medical negligence claims. We know how to thoroughly investigate errors, establish strong legal claims, and pursue maximum compensation.
- Proven Record of Major Recoveries - Our track record includes numerous seven and eight figure recoveries secured for past medical malpractice clients over the years.
- Strong Working Relationships with Medical Experts - We collaborate with renowned medical specialists across the U.S. to analyze negligence and provide testimony on the standards of care breached.
- Client-First Approach - We limit caseloads so each client receives personalized attention. Our legal team listens to your needs, provides regular updates, and treats you with compassion.
- No Fees Unless We Win - We provide legal advocacy on a contingency fee basis, meaning no payment is owed unless we win recovery through a settlement or trial verdict.
The physical, emotional and financial impacts of medical negligence often last a lifetime. You deserve experienced legal advocates in your corner every step of the way. The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have helped numerous injured victims. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you too.Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
We have seen countless instances of medical malpractice throughout Clackamas County and the Portland metro area resulting in devastating harm for patients and their families. Some of the negligence cases we commonly see include:
Birth Injuries and Delivery Mistakes
Giving birth is supposed to be a magical experience, but preventable medical errors can turn childbirth into tragedy with lifelong effects. Some delivery room errors include:
- Failure to recognize fetal distress
- Negligent use of vacuum extraction or forceps
- Errors administering anesthesia/epidurals to mothers
- Postpartum hemorrhage emergencies due to lack of monitoring
These errors can lead to brain damage, Erb’s or Klumpke’s palsy, hypoxia, cerebral palsy, and a range of permanent disabilities for infants. Our lawyers will passionately advocate to help children secure medical resources, therapies and care needed.
Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis Failures
One of the most devastating medical errors is the failure to promptly diagnose a serious underlying illness or disease. Misdiagnoses or delayed diagnoses include missing or overlooking:
- Heart attacks, aneurysms or strokes
- Cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer colon cancer
- Appendicitis or bowel obstructions
- Meningitis or sepsis infections
- Diabetes and thyroid disorders
Failure to order proper testing, inaccurate interpretations of tests, and not taking symptoms seriously enough can have grave outcomes for patients. By the time many conditions are correctly diagnosed, the patient’s health is significantly worse. Holding providers accountable for these errors takes extensive investigation and litigation. Our lawyers leave no stone unturned in proving negligence on behalf of victims and surviving family members pursuing justice.
Surgical mistakes can range from small mishaps to profoundly life-altering errors including:
- Operating on wrong body part
- Unnecessary procedures
- Retained foreign objects left inside patients
- Severed blood vessels or nerves
- Avoidable post-surgical infections or complications
- Failure to order or review essential lab tests before surgery
Surgeons and facilities should be held fully liable when subpar care and deviations from standards of care cause harm. We prepare strong legal cases when surgical teams fail patients.
Pharmacy & Medication Errors
Filling prescriptions properly is obviously very important. Yet mix ups and errors take place in Oregon pharmacies regularly including:
- Being given the incorrect pharmaceutical drug
- Being overdosed or under-dosed
- Overlooking harmful drug interactions
- Ignoring documented medication allergies
- Poor communication between medical providers and pharmacists
Any clinical or pharmacy staff errors related to medications can potentially lead to patient harm. Our goal is pursuing full accountability when flawed systems, distracted staff, overloaded schedules or other problems result in medication mishaps.Communities We Serve in Clackamas County & Greater Portland
The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law help injured patients and families throughout the greater metro Portland region and across Oregon. Specific areas near Clackamas County we are honored to serve include:
Clackamas County Cities: Lake Oswego, West Linn, Oregon City, Milwaukie, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Gladstone
Nearby Counties: Washington County, Multnomah County, Marion County
Major Cities: Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Hillsboro, Tualatin
No matter where in the greater Portland area you or your loved one suffered medical negligence - our lawyers are here to help pursue justice and compensation. Call today to schedule a free consultation.Medical Facilities in and around Clackamas County
There are many top-rated hospitals, specialty treatment centers and medical clinics located through Clackamas County and the surrounding cities that serve Portland metro residents:
Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center – Located in Tualatin and serving Washington County and Clackamas County residents. Services include Level II trauma care, cancer treatment, neurology, and orthopedics.
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center – Leading hospital in Oregon City featuring cancer care infusion center along with emergency, cardiac, stroke and OB services.
The Children’s Clinic – Pediatric center with multiple locations across the Portland area including Lake Oswego, Tigard, Beaverton and Oregon City.
Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology – Specialists treating GI conditions, IBD, liver disease and more with several metro area locations.
CENTOgen Labs – Lab services for cancer diagnostics located in Beaverton. Partners with Oregon Oncology Specialists.Schedule a Free Injury Claim Evaluation
Have you or someone you love been severely harmed due to medical negligence in the greater Portland area or anywhere statewide? Before time runs out on your ability to take legal action, contact the accomplished medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law for a free consultation by calling 800-426-5546. We will carefully examine your case details and help you understand your legal options. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning no upfront costs as we advocate on your behalf trying to maximize compensation for victims and families. Let our experienced Oregon medical malpractice lawyers fight for the justice you deserve.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Oregon?
Under ORS 12.110, you normally have two years from the date of injury or two years from the date when you discovered or reasonably should have discovered the injury to file a medical negligence claim. Time is truly of the essence, so call our firm as soon as possible after medical harm occurs so your case can be prepared properly before the clock runs out.Does Oregon Limit Compensation Amounts for Medical Malpractice Victims?
No. Under Oregon laws, successful verdicts and settlements for medical malpractice cases are not capped or limited by state statutes. This gives our experienced trial lawyers the ability to fight for full and fair damages reflective of the devastating impacts caused by each case.Who Pays My Compensation in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Compensation obtained through settlements or jury verdicts is paid out by the medical malpractice insurance policies that healthcare providers are required to carry by state law. Hospitals, physician group practices, clinics and most nurses and doctors must carry minimum levels of malpractice coverage. Our firm deals directly with insurers.What Does it Cost to Hire a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
We provide legal advocacy for all medical negligence cases on a contingency fee basis - meaning no upfront costs to clients. Our fees are earned as a percentage of the compensation we help recover once your case is resolved.