Chelan County Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Suffering an injury due to medical malpractice can be a devastating experience. Medical professionals are entrusted with our health and well-being, so when their negligence causes harm, it can leave victims feeling shocked, betrayed, and overwhelmed. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice in Chelan County, Washington, you need a dedicated medical malpractice lawyer on your side to help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
Moseley Collins Law has over 40 years of experience representing victims of medical negligence in Chelan County and surrounding areas. Our skilled medical malpractice lawyers have recovered millions for past clients by building strong cases and aggressively pursuing maximum compensation in and out of the courtroom. Whether your case involves surgical errors, medication mistakes, misdiagnosis, lack of informed consent, or any other act of negligence, we have the expertise to handle your case effectively.
Below we’ll discuss medical malpractice law in Chelan County, common types of medical negligence, and reasons to contact our team for a free case evaluation. With over four decades of combined experience, Moseley Collins Law has what it takes to stand up to insurance companies and healthcare organizations on your behalf. Don’t wait to take legal action - the sooner you contact us to discuss your potential malpractice claim, the better.Common Types of Medical Malpractices
Medical malpractice can take many forms, from relatively minor errors to catastrophic oversights. Some of the most common medical mistakes and acts of negligence include:Surgical Errors
Making a mistake during surgery can lead to permanent injury and disability. Surgical errors may include operating on the wrong site, leaving surgical tools inside the patient, puncturing internal organs, anesthesia errors, nerve damage, organ damage, excessive bleeding, and more. Even the most routine procedures can lead to severe harm when performed negligently.Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis
Failing to promptly and accurately diagnose a patient’s condition denies them the treatment they need to recover. A misdiagnosis can also lead to inappropriate or unnecessary testing and procedures that put the patient at further risk. Catching diseases like cancer early is often crucial, so if a doctor fails to identify the signs and symptoms the outcomes can be fatal.Childbirth Injuries
Childbirth presents many opportunities for error if doctors fail to take proper precautions and respond appropriately when complications arise. Birth injuries like Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, and other neurological damage may occur due to oxygen deprivation or excessive use of force during delivery.Medication Errors
Doctors must carefully manage drug interactions and dosages to avoid causing their patients harm. Prescribing the wrong medication, incorrect dosage, or conflicting drugs can lead to catastrophic health outcomes for patients.Anesthesia Errors
Anesthesia is essential for many medical procedures but also introduces serious risks if administered improperly. Too much anesthesia can stop breathing, while too little leads to patients waking up during surgery. It also interacts with other drugs and conditions, requiring diligent oversight.Laboratory Errors
Botched lab work such as mislabeled specimens, inaccurate readings, reporting delays, and other mistakes can impede proper diagnosis and treatment. Patients depend on timely and reliable lab results.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Malpractice Case?
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim requires determination, specific legal knowledge, and extensive resources. Moseley Collins Law has a proven track record of success handling malpractice cases in Chelan County and beyond. Our reputation in the legal community paired with our decades of focused experience gives our clients the best chances for success.
Here are just a few of the benefits we offer:
- Local experience - We have intimate knowledge of Chelan County courts, juries and opposing lawyers from handling case.
- Record of results - Our previous successes in medical malpractice cases shows we have what it takes to build strong arguments and maximize compensation.
- Resources to take on large hospitals - Hospital systems have huge legal teams defending them. We have the skills and resources to prevail.
- Proven trial experience - We are not afraid to take cases to trial when necessary, and our past results give us leverage in negotiating settlements.
- Patient approach - These cases are highly personal, and we take the time to understand what you’re going through.
Don’t leave your health and financial recovery to chance. The medical negligence lawyers at Moseley Collins Law will fight to help you get your life back on track. We are happy to provide free, no-obligation case evaluations, so contact our office today to discuss your situation.Hospitals and Medical Facilities in Chelan County
Below we have compiled a list of major hospitals and medical facilities located near Chelan County, WA:
203 E Highland Ave, Chelan, WA 98816
Lake Chelan Community Hospital is a nonprofit critical access hospital with 25 beds serving the greater Chelan Valley. Services include 24/7 emergency care, surgical services, imaging, and more.
810 Jasmine St, Omak, WA 98841
Mid-Valley is a nonprofit hospital with 16 beds providing ER, diagnostic, surgical and other services for Omak and the surrounding communities. They are affiliated with Lake Chelan Community Hospital.
720 Jasmine St, Omak, WA 98841
Columbia Valley Community Health operates a network of primary care clinics throughout North Central Washington, including a location in Omak offering family medicine, pediatrics and more.
396 Fort Spokane Rd, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Confluence Health runs Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee plus numerous clinics throughout Chelan and Douglas Counties. They offer a full range of services from primary to specialty care.
130 Cottage Ave, Cashmere, WA 98815
This full-service family medicine clinic provides primary care, preventive services, behavioral health and more for the Cashmere area.
If you suffered harm due to negligence at any Chelan County medical facility, the dedicated medical malpractice attorneys at Moseley Collins Law can help. Contact our office today for a free consultation.What Damages Can a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Seek in Washington?
Injuries caused by medical negligence often lead to significant costs and impacts that can last a lifetime. In Washington, the damages that a medical malpractice lawsuit can seek compensation for include:
- Medical expenses - Any costs related to additional treatment, hospitalization, drugs, therapy, in-home care and other healthcare required to recover from the malpractice injury.
- Lost income - If the injury leaves you disabled or unable to work, you can claim lost wages and loss of future earnings capacity.
- Disability - Permanent disability may prevent you from ever returning to work, entitling you to long-term financial compensation.
- Pain and suffering - Damages can cover physical pain, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life and other hardships stemming from the negligence.
- Punitive damages - In cases of especially egregious malpractice, punitive damages intended to punish the negligent provider may be awarded.
- Wrongful death damages - If negligence leads to a fatality, survivors can claim compensation related to funeral costs, lost companionship, lost wages and more.
The experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law will evaluate the full extent of hardships you face due to medical negligence when building your demand for damages. Our goal is to secure maximum compensation to cover everything from medical bills to long-term impacts on your life and finances.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Malpractice Case?
No amount of money can undo the damage caused by medical malpractice. But obtaining fair compensation is crucial to help victims move forward. At Moseley Collins Law, our Chelan County medical malpractice lawyers are dedicated advocates for patients harmed by medical negligence. If you choose us for representation, you can be confident knowing:
- We have over 40 years of experience handling complex medical negligence claims in Chelan County and have recovered millions for our clients.
- Our legal team includes medical experts who can accurately identify acts of malpractice and prove causation of damages.
- We fully investigate your case to build strong arguments seeking maximum compensation for all your injuries and losses.
- We are not intimidated by large hospitals and insurance companies - our record of success shows we know how to take on powerful interests.
- We offer transparent, compassionate counsel explaining your legal options and trial outlook.
- We are not a settlement mill - we take appropriate cases to trial when in the best interests of our clients.
- We offer free, no-obligation consultations and accept cases on a contingency basis.
Don't go it alone in the complex legal territory of medical malpractice lawsuits. The lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have the expertise, resources and dedication to obtain the justice you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to meet accepted standards of care and causes injury or harm to a patient as a result. Examples include surgical mistakes, improper treatment, failure to diagnose a condition, lack of informed consent, and medication errors. If negligence caused you harm, you may have a malpractice claim.How Do I Prove Medical Malpractice Occurred?
Proving malpractice requires showing that a provider-patient relationship existed, the provider breached their duty of care through an error or negligence, this negligence directly caused your injury, and you suffered damages as a result. Medical records, expert testimony, and other evidence are used to build a strong case.What Kinds of Damages Can I Recover?
You may be able to claim compensation for medical costs, lost income, disability, pain and suffering, and other losses stemming from the malpractice injury. Wrongful death claims can include funeral expenses, loss of companionship and more. An experienced lawyer can help maximize your payout.How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Most malpractice attorneys work on contingency, meaning no upfront payment is required from you. The lawyer receives an agreed upon percentage of your final settlement or award if successful. This ensures affordable access to legal help.What if the Statute of Limitations is Nearing in My Case?
Medical malpractice claims in Washington must be filed within three years in most circumstances. The sooner you contact a qualified lawyer, the better your chances of building a strong claim before time runs out. Don't delay in consulting an attorney about your potential case.