Tacoma Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Have you or someone you love suffered harm from substandard medical care in Tacoma or Pierce County, Washington? Pursuing compensation after medical errors can feel confusing and overwhelming for patients and families. Successfully proving medical professional's negligence and securing rightful damages in and out of court requires an experienced medical malpractice lawyer as your advocate.
At Moseley Collins Law, our award-winning Tacoma medical malpractice lawyers provide both compassionate personal support along with fiercely strategic legal representation to victims of preventable medical harm nationwide. Backed by over 40 years of litigation success holding hospitals accountable and recovering millions for clients, we have the expertise and resources to win. If you or a loved one suffered injury related to medical negligence in a Tacoma hospital, rehab center or other healthcare facility, learn how we may be able to help.
This page covers key aspects of a medical malpractice case and claims specific to injuries occurring in Tacoma, WA including:
- What constitutes medical negligence
- Why our firm is uniquely qualified to litigate your case
- Tacoma areas and Pierce County communities we serve
- Examples of severe injuries caused by healthcare errors
- An overview of how a medical malpractice lawsuit progresses
- Tacoma’s major regional medical centers
We also strongly advise contacting our law offices promptly in cases of suspected medical negligence before legal deadlines pass. Early investigation helps build strength in claims; time is often of the essence.What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to provide generally accepted levels of competent medical care, resulting in otherwise preventable patient harm. Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, rehab centers and all other medical professionals and service providers must uphold appropriate treatment standards focused on patient health, safety and well-being.
Some examples of the cases involving Tacoma medical malpractice or negligence that may occur at Tacoma healthcare facilities include:
- Failing to accurately diagnose or identify serious illness
- Surgical errors made during procedures, such as operating on or removing the wrong body part
- Not recognizing orthopedic fractures or abnormalities on imaging tests
- Preventable birth-related injuries to infants (like physical trauma or brachial plexus nerve damage)
- Medication overdoses due to pharmacy dispensing errors
- Poor communication to patients about health risks linked to treatments
These types of medical mistakes often result in severe harm with painful, expensive long-term impacts on patients and families. However, victims cannot simply take a hospital's word when told an outcome was unavoidable; proving a medical error or malpractice requires experienced personal injury lawyers.Why Choose Us as Your Medical Malpractice Law Firm
Moseley Collins Law provides dedicated legal advocacy exclusively to victims harmed by medical negligence in Tacoma and communities throughout Washington. Backed by over four decades of results recovering millions dollars for past clients, our credentials include:
- More cumulative expertise litigating medical malpractice lawsuits than nearly any contemporary firm nationwide
- Established professional relationships with many of America’s most prominent medical experts across all specialties
- Proven success taking on highly complex cases other lawyers may decline
- No upfront fees or expenses required from injured victims
The Tacoma medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law provide legal advocacy to clients harmed by healthcare negligence throughout the metro region. Some of the key communities and medical malpractice attorneys we serve include:
- University Place
- South Hill
Due to errors in diagnosis, surgery, childbirth procedures, medication prescriptions, rehabilitation care and other essential treatment, medical malpractice inflicts catastrophic harm in some situations. Some severe injuries suffered victims of medical professional, include:
- Permanent disability from spinal cord trauma, nerve damage, paralysis or loss of healthy limbs
- Surgical mistakes causing loss of organs, disfigurement, need for follow-up surgery
- Misdiagnosed conditions such as heart disease, cancers and other deadly but treatable illnesses
- Childbirth negligence resulting in infant brain bleeds, nerve damage or physical injury
- Medication overdoses destroying organ function
- Wrongful death when failures to test for or properly treat infections, blood clots and other conditions prove fatal
Managing severe injuries requires long-term rehabilitative treatment and often 24/7 lifetime care assistance. Although financial recovery cannot undo damage or tragic loss, it provides vital resources needed for both economic damages and emotional suffering when negligence leads to disabling harm or when wrongful death claims that of a loved one. Our lawyers seek maximum medical malpractice compensation to cover both quantified costs and harder-to-quantify emotional damages from life-changing harm.Overview of the Tacoma Medical Malpractice Litigation Process
Successfully resolving medical negligence cases through settlement or trial demands strategic legal skills applied with diligence and authority. Our firm guides victims and families through every complex phase of malpractice litigation with expertise focused specifically on resolving these cases. We tenaciously handle aspects experienced medical malpractice attorney that include:
- Collecting relevant medical records and collaborating with medical specialists to pinpoint errors
- Conducting independent investigation into circumstances surrounding the malpractice events
- Assessing the full scope of injuries sustained and impact on health and quality of life
- Calculating both economic and harder-to-quantify non-economic damages
- Attempting to negotiate reasonable settlement offers from liable healthcare entities pre-lawsuit
- Filing official liability complaints against providers when justified
- Litigating the case all the way to trial and through appeals if fair offers do not materialize
Note that strict deadlines dictate the timeframe to start medical negligence legal action under Washington state law. In most incidents, the statute provides just 3 years from the date of negligent harm for injury victims to pursue damages - although some exceptions exist around date of discovery. Contacting our personal injury law, firm promptly after errors occur maximizes the chance of a successful claim.Tacoma's Major Regional Medical Centers
Tacoma residents facing medical emergencies, childbirth, surgical procedures, cancer treatment, injuries and other healthcare needs rely upon the city’s major regional medical centers. These include:
- St. Joseph Medical Center: Franciscan Health's 312-bed Tacoma hospital providing Level II trauma care, cancer treatment, maternity services and specialty institutes.
- MultiCare Allenmore Hospital: Located in Tacoma, Allenmore has 255 beds along with the county's only Level III trauma center, stroke specialty care and other services.
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital: Tacoma General operates as a 318-bed regional medical center anchored by acclaimed trauma services as well as specialty care institutes.
Victims of medical malpractice attorney negligence often carry enough burden coping with unexpected injuries, losses and life disruption without adding legal complexities. The medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins aim to alleviate some stress by applying our decades of litigation experience to handle the legal process on your behalf. If you or someone close to you suffered harm from poor medical care in Tacoma or Pierce County, contact us to discuss your potential case. We provide free consultations and helpful guidance to support victims seeking justice and compensation after medical errors.
To arrange a free consultation no-obligation case assessment with our legal team, call us today at 800-426-5546 or reach out online 24/7. We take inquiries very seriously, responding promptly to start helping medical malpractice victims in Tacoma and throughout Washington.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What is considered medical malpractice in Washington state?
If healthcare professionals fail to meet accepted standards of medical care and this failure directly harms a patient, then medical malpractice claim has likely occurred. This includes acts like surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication mistakes, childbirth injuries, and substandard care.Why should I hire a lawyer from Tacoma?
Our firm has extensive knowledge of local hospitals and healthcare providers involved in many Tacoma medical negligence cases. We have strong working relationships with the city’s top medical experts who may strengthen your claim. Local presence also inspires insurers to take cases more seriously.Will you charge me anything up front?
No. We handle medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no payment from clients upfront. We only collect if we successfully secure financial compensation through settlement or court award. This makes hiring a lawyer affordable.What kinds of families do you help after medical errors?
We aid victims ranging from newborns injured during childbirth to elderly patients facing treatment complications. Our clients include people injured during surgeries, misdiagnosed patients, pharmacy mistake sufferers, rehabilitation facility residents harmed by abuse or neglect, and families dealing with a wrongful death.Why should I act quickly after suspected medical negligence?
You generally have a limited window under WA law to file a malpractice suit or claims for injury compensation - so acting swiftly when errors occur helps ensure your rights are protected. This also provides more time to gather evidence from witnesses or medical records before memories fade or documents disappear. Contact us ASAP about potential malpractice.