Yuba City, CA Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been the victim of a medical mistake at a Yuba City area hospital or medical facility? Medical errors cause serious injury and death to far too many California patients each year. At Moseley Collins Law in Yuba City, our dedicated medical malpractice lawyers have over 40 years of experience helping injured victims and grieving families obtain the compensation they desperately need and rightfully deserve.
If you or someone you love suffered harm under a Yuba City doctor, nurse, hospital, or other healthcare provider’s care, you need legal advocates on your side with a proven track record of success. Call us at (800) 426-5546 for a free consultation on your case. We can help you determine if you have grounds to file a Yuba City medical negligence lawsuit.Major Hospitals Serving Yuba City
Yuba City area hospitals and medical facilities include:
- Adventist Rideout Hospital - Adventist Rideout is a large general medical facility providing comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and emergency services to Yuba-Sutter County and surrounding areas. They offer advanced care in areas like neurosurgery, cardiology, orthopedics, cancer treatment and women's health services.
- Fremont Medical Center - Fremont Medical Center (FMC) is an acute care facility offering medical, surgical and emergency services. FMC has 128 beds, operates a Level III Trauma Center. They also provide outpatient diagnostic imaging, wound care and multi-specialty clinics.
- Sutter Surgical Hospital North Valley - Sutter Surgical Hospital North Valley is a physician-owned hospital focused on surgical procedures, operating seven suites as well as an eight-bed recovery unit. They offer specialized surgery in areas like orthopedics, spine, ENT and pain management.
While many skilled healthcare professionals practice quality medicine in Yuba City, some make critical errors that seriously impact patients. Common medical mistakes we see from Yuba City hospital negligence cases include:
- Misdiagnosis - Failure to properly diagnose a condition.
- Delayed diagnosis - Not diagnosing a condition in a timely manner.
- Surgical errors - Mistakes made during surgery procedures.
- Childbirth injuries - Errors during labor or delivery harming the mother or baby.
- Improper medication - Administering the wrong drug or dosage.
- Anesthesia errors - Mistakes with anesthesia administration.
These hospital errors and more can lead to catastrophic injuries, permanent disabilities, and wrongful death of Yuba City patients.Damages Available in Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
When filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, your damages are what determine the amount of compensation or settlement you may receive if successful in your case. Understanding what damages are available can help set reasonable expectations when seeking restitution. Typically, there are two main categories of damages:Economic Medical Malpractice Damages
Economic damages in medical negligence cases refer to tangible, documented financial losses the patient suffers directly because of the malpractice. Some common economic damages include:
- Medical expenses - All past and future medical costs related to treating injuries caused by the malpractice are included, from hospital bills to medications to in-home nursing care.
- Loss of income/wages - If injuries prevent you from working, calculate lost income from time missed in addition to potential loss of future earnings.
- Loss of earning capacity - Even with recovery, you may be unable to return to previous earning capacity. These projected lost wages can be claimed.
Non-economic damages cover losses that can’t directly be measured in dollars. These include compensation for pain, suffering and loss of quality of life resulting from physical injuries, disfigurement or disabilities caused by a provider’s negligence. The patient’s emotional trauma and mental anguish can also fall under non-economic damages.
It’s wise to seek knowledgeable legal counsel when seeking damages in a medical negligence lawsuit, as establishing these costs can be complex. A lawyer experienced in prevailing malpractice litigation will know how to accurately calculate and claim full entitlements. Having the right lawyer makes a big difference in obtaining fair compensation.Cities and Areas We Serve
Moseley Collins Law handles hospital negligence cases for injured victims across Northern California. Specific cities and areas near Yuba City that our lawyers assist with medical malpractice claims include:
- Beale Air Force Base
- Yuba County
- Sutter County
- Colusa County
If you or a loved one experienced medical negligence at a Yuba City or nearby area healthcare facility, hospital or doctor’s office, contact our firm. Our lawyers offer free case evaluations to review potential malpractice cases.Yuba City Medical Malpractice Injury Results
When healthcare professionals make mistakes, patients can suffer catastrophic harm with permanent consequences. Some common medical malpractice injuries we see from Yuba City area cases include:
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries, paralysis
- Amputation of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Severe infections
- Birth injuries to baby including cerebral palsy, broken bones, nerve damage
- Wrongful death
The negligent actions of just one doctor, nurse or technician can forever change a victim’s life. Hospital malpractice leaves patients unable to work, facing abundant medical bills, and needing 24/7 care.Why Choose Us?
Moseley Collins Law is a top medical and hospital negligence law firm representing Northern California injury victims for over forty years. Some key reasons to choose our Yuba City medical malpractice lawyers include:
- We have helped clients obtain millions in verdicts & settlements. Our track record proves we know how to successfully handle these hospital negligence cases.
- No fees unless we win your case. We work on a contingency fee basis.
- We hire the top medical experts to build strong malpractice cases.
- We have hundreds of 5-star client reviews showing we help victims get justice.
At Moseley Collins Law, our experienced medical malpractice lawyers thoroughly investigate what happened in your case. We then aggressively pursue maximum compensation so you can focus on healing.Our Proven Process for Medical Negligence Cases
We take every potential hospital negligence case through an extensive screening process. Our proven system includes:
- Free case review - Share what happened during our initial consultation. We will discuss your legal options.
- Document procurement - If we believe malpractice occurred, we collect all relevant medical records concerning your injuries.
- Expert case screening - At least four different medical specialists then review your records to determine if negligence appears evident.
- Investigation & negotiation - If our lawyers establish strong grounds for a case, we build leverage and aggressively negotiate top dollar settlements with the negligent parties.
- Litigation - If a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached, we fully prepare to take your case to court.
We invest immense time and resources into building rock-solid cases against negligent doctors, nurses, hospitals and healthcare systems. Our firm boasts one of the highest success rates in the Yuba City area for securing multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in our clients’ favor.Call Our Yuba City Hospital & Medical Negligence Lawyers
Don’t wait to pursue maximum compensation if you or someone you love suffered harm from medical negligence in the Yuba City area. Call Moseley Collins Law today at (800) 426-5546 for a free case consultation with a skilled medical and hospital malpractice lawyer. Let us help you seek the justice you rightfully deserve.Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat does “medical malpractice” mean?
Medical malpractice is professional negligence committed by a healthcare professional or facility that directly causes injury or death to a patient. This can involve errors, failing to diagnose conditions, surgical mistakes, improper treatment, and more.What kinds of compensation can I recover?
You can recover economic damages like medical bills, lost wages, and other hard costs. You can also recover non-economic damages for “pain and suffering” – this covers your physical and emotional trauma from the experience.How long do I have to file a medical malpractice claim in California?
California has statutes of limitations on medical malpractice claims. They require you to take legal action within 1 year from the injury, or 1 year after you discovered the negligence (but no more than 3 years after the malpractice).Does medical malpractice only happen in hospitals?
No, it can occur at smaller clinics, private practices, surgery centers or any healthcare facility. Even solo group doctors can make mistakes that severely injure patients.Can I afford a malpractice lawyer? How are they paid?
At Moseley Collins Law, there’s zero risk as we work on contingency. This means zero payment from you upfront – we only collect if we recover financial damages for you. The fee comes out of your final settlement or award.