Vancouver Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Suffering a serious injury due to medical negligence can completely change your life in an instant. If you or someone you love has been harmed by a healthcare provider in Vancouver, WA or surrounding areas, you may have grounds to pursue compensation through a medical malpractice lawsuit or settlement.
The dedicated lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have over 40 years of combined experience representing clients who have been injured by medical errors. We take an aggressive yet compassionate approach to each medical malpractice case we accept, with the goal of helping victims and families recover damages after substandard medical care resulted in catastrophic injuries and permanent disability.
Below we provide an overview of medical negligence claims and your legal options if you or a family member were injured due to incompetence or errors by doctors, nurses, hospitals or other healthcare providers in or around Vancouver.Major Hospitals Serving Residents of Vancouver, WA
Vancouver and the surrounding metro area are served by several major hospitals and medical centers, including:
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center - This full-service medical center provides emergency care, cancer treatment, neurology, heart care and women's health services. It is located in central Vancouver at 400 NE Mother Joseph Pl, Vancouver, WA 98664.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center – Part of the Legacy Health network, this hospital in Vancouver offers emergency medicine, cancer care, neurology, heart health and other specialty services. It is located at 2211 NE 139th St, Vancouver, WA 98686.
- Providence St. Joseph Hospital - Providence St. Joseph is located downtown at 500 W 13th St, Vancouver, WA 98660. It provides heart care, cancer treatment, orthopedics, emergency medicine and more.
- Kaiser Permanente Vancouver Medical Office – This large outpatient medical clinic offers primary care, lab services, pharmacy, optical care and other specialty services. It is located at 7809 NE Vancouver Plaza Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662.
- PeaceHealth Medical Group Clinic – Mill Plain –This multi-specialty clinic offers family medicine, internal medicine, lab services and more at 1601 E Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663.
If substandard care by any Vancouver hospital, clinic, doctor’s office or other medical provider resulted in harm to you or a loved one, please reach out to our firm for help pursuing justice.Types of Preventable Medical Errors
Some of the most common categories of medical malpractice that can result in severe injuries or death include:
- Surgical Mistakes – This includes a wide range of errors that can occur before, during or after a procedure, such as operating on the wrong site, leaving foreign objects inside a patient, nicking blood vessels or organs, anesthesia errors, improper infection control, etc.
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis – Failing to promptly recognize signs and symptoms of a condition, or incorrectly diagnosing a disease or medical problem. Catching conditions early is often crucial for successful treatment.
- Medication Errors – Mistakes made with prescriptions, such as giving the wrong drug or incorrect dosage, failing to spot dangerous drug interactions, pharmacy dispensing the wrong medication, lack of monitoring for side effects, etc.
- Birth Injuries – Preventable errors that occur during pregnancy, labor or delivery, like failing to diagnose fetal distress, not performing an emergency C-section when needed, improperly using forceps or vacuums, and other mistakes that harm the infant.
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect – Bedsores, falls, malnutrition, dehydration and other injuries that occur when a nursing home fails to provide adequate care and supervision.
- Outpatient Care Errors – Injuries resulting from substandard care in clinics, doctor’s offices, dental offices, imaging centers or other outpatient settings.
Some of the most catastrophic injuries and conditions we have helped clients pursue claims for include:
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis
- Severe infections
- Surgical injuries
- Cerebral palsy due to birth trauma
- Wrongful death of a loved one
No matter what type of injury you or your family member sustained, our dedicated medical malpractice lawyers can fully investigate what went wrong and build a strong claim or lawsuit on your behalf.Serving Clients in Cities and Towns Throughout Clark County
The lawyers at Moseley Collins Law represent medical malpractice victims across Clark County, including the following cities and metro areas:
- Battle Ground
- La Center
- Brush Prairie
No matter where you live in Clark County, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation if you or your loved one suffered harm due to incompetence by any medical professional or facility. Our lawyers handle cases for injured victims across the entire county.Elements Required to Prove Medical Negligence
To successfully win compensation in a Washington medical malpractice claim, our lawyers must prove:
- The healthcare provider owes you a duty of care – Doctors, nurses and all medical professionals are required to meet accepted standards of medical care for the safety of their patients.
- That duty of care was breached – This means showing the provider failed to act with reasonable care and competence, and did not adhere to accepted medical standards under the circumstances.
- The breach directly caused injury – We must demonstrate a direct cause-effect relationship between the substandard care and any resulting harm or disability to the patient.
- Losses and damages occurred due to the injury – Quantifiable economic and non-economic damages stemming from the provider's negligence. This includes medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, reduced life expectancy and diminished quality of life.
Through a thorough investigation of medical records, statements from experts, and all other evidence available, our lawyers build a compelling case that demonstrates how your doctor or healthcare provider failed to meet accepted standards of medical care, ultimately causing significant harm. While the laws surrounding medical negligence claims are highly complex, our lawyers have the resources and determination to prove malpractice under Washington laws.Why Clients Trust Us With Their Medical Injury Cases
Moseley Collins Law enjoys a reputation as one of the most successful personal injury and medical malpractice law firms in Vancouver and all of Washington State. Some of our credentials include:
- Excellent success rate on cases filed
- Millions recovered for injury victims and families
- Secured some of the largest verdicts and settlements obtained in the state
- Hundreds of outstanding client reviews praising our team’s dedication and results
When you choose our firm to pursue compensation after medical negligence, you can count on receiving highly responsive, personalized and strategic legal representation. Our lawyers treat each client like family. We have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate failures in your medical care, backed by consultations with independent medical experts. You can trust that we will fight relentlessly to help you obtain maximum compensation for all the ways this preventable harm has affected your life.Schedule a Free Consultation With a Knowledgeable Medical Malpractice Law Firm
Don’t wait to hold healthcare providers accountable after their errors caused catastrophic injury or death of a loved one in Vancouver or elsewhere in Washington. The caring medical malpractice staff at Moseley Collins Law offer free, no-obligation consultations to review the details of your case. In some cases, we can examine your medical records, help determine if you have grounds for a claim, and advise you on the best path forward.
Let our dedicated legal team stand up for you, so you can focus on healing – physically and emotionally – and get the justice you deserve after medical negligence turned your world upside down.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Types of Injuries Lead to Medical Malpractice Lawsuits?
Some of the most common injuries caused by medical negligence that can support a malpractice claim include surgical mistakes, birth injuries, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of a serious condition, medication errors, nursing home neglect or abuse, and outpatient care errors. The injuries caused are often severe, such as brain damage, paralysis, amputation, or even wrongful death of a loved one.How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in WA?
Washington has strict statutes of limitations for filing medical negligence lawsuits. In most cases, you have just 3 years from the date of injury to file a claim. It is crucial to speak with a lawyer promptly to avoid exceeding these deadlines.What Damages Can I Recover Through a Vancouver Medical Malpractice Claim?
If successful, your claim can recover damages like medical costs, lost income and benefits, costs for future care and rehabilitation, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and wrongful death damages if negligence caused the loss of a loved one. An experienced lawyer will pursue full and fair compensation.Will My Case Go to Trial?
Many medical malpractice suits settle out of court. However, your lawyer must be fully prepared to take your case to trial if that becomes necessary.Why Hire Moseley Collins Law for My Claim?
With over 40 years’ combined experience, our lawyers have the resources and dedication to thoroughly investigate negligence and fight for your rights after medical errors. We have helped clients recover millions in verdicts and settlements. Our lawyers get results while providing personalized attention and compassionate counsel.