University Place Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice in University Place or surrounding cities in Pierce County, Washington, you need an experienced medical malpractice lawyer on your side. Medical errors cause serious, life-altering personal injuries every year. At the medical malpractice law firm of Moseley Collins Law, our lawyers have over 40 years of experience representing victims of medical negligence and securing them the maximum compensation they deserve.What Defines Medical Malpractice in University Place, WA?
Medical malpractice, also known as medical negligence, occurs when a medical professional fails to uphold the standard of care when treating a patient. This can involve an action, such as prescribing the wrong medication. It can also involve an omission, such as failing to diagnose a serious medical condition in a timely manner.
Some examples of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose serious conditions such as cancer or infection
- Surgical errors that cause damage to organs and nerves
- Birth injuries caused by doctor or nurse negligence
- Improper medication prescription or administration
- Lack of informed consent regarding medical procedures and their risks
The effects of medical malpractice range from temporary injuries to permanent disabilities and even wrongful death. Each type of mistake warrants the need for an accomplished University Place medical malpractice lawyer.Why Do I Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Proving a medical malpractice case involves complex legal and medical issues. You need a skilled lawyer who knows how to investigate negligence and build a strong claim by:
- Consulting with multiple independent medical experts to review your records
- Gathering testimony from doctors willing to break the “conspiracy of silence”
- Submitting evidence that deviations from standard medical practices caused your harm
- Accurately calculating current and long-term damages due to disability and loss
- Negotiating fair compensation with insurance companies
- Taking your case to trial if needed
The accomplished medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have 40 years of combined experience handling medical negligence cases. Since our founding over 40 years ago, we have helped injured victims and bereaved families nationwide receive millions in compensation. Our demonstrated success and reputation encourage well-respected medical experts to work with us.
With an intricate understanding of medical standards and Washington medical malpractice laws, our goal is to build the strongest case possible and fight relentlessly for our clients. We offer free, confidential consultations to review the details of your potential malpractice case. If we do not feel confident we can obtain maximum compensation for you, we will let you know upfront instead of taking your case anyway.Areas We Serve in University Place and Pierce County, WA
At Moseley Collins Law, we handle medical malpractice cases for injured patients and grieving loved ones in University Place, Tacoma, Lakewood, and many other cities and towns throughout Pierce County and the state.
If you live in any of the following areas and suffered harm under a healthcare provider’s care, our medical malpractice lawyers can help:
- University Place
- Bonney Lake
Medical negligence can happen to anyone at any age. Our clients have suffered significantly due to mistakes made during:
- Pregnancy, labor, and child delivery
- Surgeries such as hysterectomies, amputations, transplants
- Cancer misdiagnoses and delayed treatment
- Failure to test for infections
- Medication errors
- Prevention and treatment of strokes, heart attacks, sepsis
- Emergency room negligence
- Birth injuries causing cerebral palsy, bone fractures, brain bleeds
We also represent grieving families filing wrongful death lawsuits regarding fatal errors.
The cases we take must meet Washington State’s specific statute of limitations deadlines. Therefore, contacting us promptly after malpractice allows maximal time to build your claim thoroughly.Major Hospitals Serving University Place Residents
University Place residents have access to several highly-rated hospitals and medical centers in the Puget Sound region for care
Here are some of the major hospitals serving the University Place area:
Devastating Effects and Lasting Harm Caused by Medical Negligence
As experienced medical malpractice lawyers, we have seen patients and families whose lives changed forever due to extreme, preventable healthcare errors. Mistakes we have successfully obtained compensation for victims regarding include:
- Birth injuries causing cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, bone fractures
- Surgical mistakes damaging organs, nerves, and tissues
- Failures to test for and treat infections like meningitis and sepsis
- Misdiagnosed cancer
- Medication overdoses creating brain injury
- Pediatric stroke brought on by medical error
- Anesthesia mistakes during surgery leading to severe brain damage
- Botched spinal procedures resulting in paralysis
Sadly, birth-related errors cause serious harm to both mothers and newborns. Our lawyers have obtained justice for those suffering due to:
- Oxygen deprivation leading to cerebral palsy
- Improper use of vacuum or forceps during delivery
- Failure to perform emergency C-section when necessary
- Errors administering epidural anesthesia
Some clients suffer harm affecting their quality of life permanently due to lifelong disabilities, chronic pain, reduced mobility, and extensive medical needs. We help catastrophic victims get coverage for current and future medical costs in addition to other damages. For grieving families mourning the loss of a loved one, we get accountability and help provide for their ongoing financial needs.Partnering With Medical Experts to Support Your Case
Building medical negligence claims requires working with independent specialists who can accurately interpret evidence and testify regarding deviations from standards of care. These medical professionals scrutinize relevant records to construct impartial opinions about whether patient care met expectations.
For most cases, we coordinate with consulting experts from at least four different specialties to methodically evaluate all aspects of what happened. Our long history of success obtaining fair verdicts and settlements for clients helps us connect with the best medical experts.
We only accept cases we believe we can win and refuse to take cases that lack merit. Our selective process encourages medical specialists to work with us. They trust we operate ethically and know how to build evidentiary support enabling them to confidently testify when needed.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Malpractice Case
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to medical negligence, having an accomplished attorney in your corner makes all the difference. At Moseley Collins Law, we have the expertise, reputation, and track record of success obtained by few other firms to help injured victims recover rightful compensation.
Our numerous favorable verdicts and settlements stem from a passion for justice and meticulous preparation. Since our founding in Tacoma, Washington, our lawyers have demonstrated an unparalleled commitment to clients by:
- Selecting cases using stringent criteria to ensure merit and win ability
- Employing the insight of four or more independent specialists to evaluate all evidence
- Building strong arguments regarding negligence and causation of damages
- Gathering clear testimony from credible medical experts willing to go on record
- Understanding the full scope and cost of injury-related care needed currently and in the decades ahead
- Identifying all liable parties and holding healthcare institutions accountable
- Negotiating tenaciously with insurance carriers to demand fair compensation
- Taking non-compliant defendants to court when settlements stall
We also reduce stresses clients face coping with disabilities by keeping them informed and moving their cases efficiently towards resolution. Our personal attention provides much-needed support.
With a proven record of recovering millions for victims of medical errors, Moseley Collins Law gives you the best chance at obtaining justice. We invite you for a free case assessment so you can judge our compassion and legal standards for yourself.Connect with an Accomplished Medical Malpractice Team Serving University Place, WA Today
Don’t wait to pursue compensation and justice. At Moseley Collins, our respected medical malpractice lawyers have the experience, reputation, and resources to build strong negligence claims for injured victims in University Place and Pierce County. We have helped numerous local families obtain favorable outcomes and the maximum compensation they deserve.
Contact us online or call 800-426-5546 for a FREE consultation today.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) How much does it cost to hire you?
We provide all legal services without any upfront fees. We only collect our fee as a percentage of the final compensation amount we obtain for you when we resolve your case.What does “statute of limitations” mean and when does it run out?
Each state has statutory deadlines dictating when you must take initial legal action regarding medical negligence or lose your right to recover damages. In Washington, statute of limitations allows three years from the date of injury or one year from when its cause was discovered.Do I have a case if the doctor apologized?
Yes, it still constitutes medical negligence even if the provider apologized or admitted fault. Their insurance company will likely fight any admission of guilt. With competent representation building your claim, you can still recover losses.How long will the process take?
Each situation differs, but complex medical negligence cases often take between 1-3 years on average to resolve through settlement or trial. We help clients navigate each phase while coping with disabilities.What damages can I recover?
If awarded compensation, it covers all injury-related losses. This often includes medical costs, lost wages, decreased future earning capacity, and pain and suffering damages. It also provides for ongoing treatments, life care planning services, equipment, and in-home assistance.What happens at a free consultation?
We provide confidential, no obligation, free consultations. These help establish key details so we can assess the merits of your potential malpractice claim. We also help you understand your legal options. If we cannot improve your situation, we provide referral resources so you can still get help.