Stanton, CA Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been the victim of medical malpractice at a Stanton area hospital? Medical errors cause serious injury and death to thousands of patients each year. At the medical malpractice law firm of Moseley Collins Law, our lawyers have over 40 years combined experience representing victims of medical negligence nationwide who have suffered catastrophic injuries from substandard hospital care.Common Types of Medical Malpractice in Hospitals
Hospital medical negligence leading to patient harm can take many forms. Some of the most common incidents we see include:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of a serious illness or condition
- Surgical errors and mistakes during invasive procedures
- Childbirth injuries to mother or baby from negligent maternity care
- Medication errors and pharmacy mix-ups with incorrect drugs or dosages
- Failure to prevent infections and sepsis
- Improper medical device usage
- Discharging patients prematurely
- Failing to properly monitor patients
All of these forms of medical malpractice can lead to severe health consequences for the patient if hospitals fail to uphold reasonable standards of care.Significant Injuries from Hospital Negligence
When hospitals do not take proper precautions, use adequate skill and judgment, or communicate effectively amongst staff, patients can experience catastrophic injuries. Some major types of damage we see from medical negligence include:
- Brain damage impacting motor function, cognition, language
- Spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis
- Amputation of limbs
- Severe infection leading to organ damage or removal
- Serious disability requiring lifetime assisted care
- Wrongful death
The emotional trauma of disfigurement, loss of abilities, and reduced independence can also plague malpractice victims for life.Major Hospitals Serving Stanton, CA
Below are some of the main hospitals providing medical services to residents of the Stanton area and surrounding communities:
West Anaheim Medical Center - This full-service community hospital offers emergency care, cancer treatment, stroke care, lab services, imaging, and more. Visit Website
Anaheim Regional Medical Center - Part of Prime Healthcare, this acute care hospital has a 24/7 emergency room and specializes in cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology. Visit Website
Orange County Global Medical Center - With a respected bariatric program, this 153-bed hospital provides multi-specialty care in Santa Ana. Visit Website
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - As one of the largest medical facilities in Orange County, they are well-equipped for heart care, cancer treatment, strokes, trauma, high-risk pregnancy and other complex conditions. Visit Website
Coastal Communities Hospital - This local hospital in Santa Ana delivers compassionate care with specialty focus areas that include emergency medicine, cardiology, orthopedics, oncology and women’s health. Visit WebsiteCities and Areas We Serve
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers assist clients in Stanton and surrounding Southern California cities who experienced substandard hospital care, including:
- Buena Park
- Fountain Valley
- Garden Grove
- Huntington Beach
- La Palma
- Los Alamitos
- Midway City
- Santa Ana
- Seal Beach
- Villa Park
- Other nearby communities
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a hospital in one of these cities, we encourage you to reach out to our firm for a free consultation to discuss your medical negligence case.The Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Process
If you decide to pursue compensation by filing a malpractice lawsuit against a negligent hospital, doctor, or healthcare worker, here is an overview of what you can expect:
- Consultation and Case Review - Meet with one of our lawyers for an initial free consultation. We will listen to what happened in the medical incident, review your injuries and losses, and assess the merits of your potential malpractice claim.
- Collect Evidence - If we establish grounds to proceed, we will gather and preserve documentation, secure expert opinions, and record witness accounts to prove negligence.
- File Lawsuit Paperwork - Our lawyers handle all the technical paperwork and filings involved in launching the medical negligence lawsuit in California civil court on your behalf.
- Settlement Negotiations - Most valid cases settle out of court. We will seek to negotiate a fair settlement offer with the hospital’s insurance carrier. If they refuse reasonable terms, we proceed to litigation.
- Trial Proceedings - As experienced trial lawyers, we are fully prepared to argue your case in court if necessary to recover maximum compensation. Approximately 5% of our cases go to trial.
Throughout this extensive legal process following hospital negligence, our seasoned lawyers provide counsel and representation to advance your claim to the maximum benefit. With 40+ years combined legal experience, our lawyers have helped injured victims recover millions in verdicts and settlements from medical negligence cases.Proving Medical Malpractice in Hospital Care
To prevail with a medical malpractice claim stemming from negligent hospital care, our Stanton injury lawyers must prove:
- A provider-patient relationship existed which established a duty of care
- The hospital/staff breached their duty of care
- The patient suffered actual harm or losses
- The damages suffered have a direct causal link back to the medical negligence
Through adept counsel, thorough investigation, procuring medical experts, establishing causation, and superior litigation skills - we build strong cases on behalf of harmed clients to validate their rightful entitlement to compensation for all damage done.Damages Covered in Stanton Hospital Negligence Claims
If medical error causes devastating harm to health and livelihood, the emotional and financial losses inflicted can overwhelm a family. Some of the damages we seek compensation for through Stanton hospital medical malpractice lawsuits include:
- Exorbitant medical bills from follow-up care
- Loss of income and professional opportunities
- Rehabilitation costs including physical therapy
- Disability equipment/home healthcare expenses
- Out-of-pocket costs stemming from injuries
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Keep in mind case results depend on the unique circumstances of each medical error incident. But our track record underscores our ability to stand up to even the most prominent hospitals and medical institutions to fight for maximum recoveries.Why Hire Us For Your Hospital Negligence Claim?
Pursuing fair financial restitution and accountability after medical negligence leading to catastrophic injury requires great determination and resilience. Having an experienced medical malpractice law firm in your corner from the start levels the playing field. Moseley Collins Law brings over four decades of expertise specifically with hospital negligence cases. Our accomplishments include:
- Over 40 years proven success recovering compensation for victims
- Former defense lawyers now defend injured plaintiffs
- Senior litigators with 40+ years cumulative courtroom experience
- Multi Million dollar verdicts and settlements recovered
- No fees owed unless we win damages for you
- Immediate case investigations and consistently fast results
If you or someone you love suffered harm from lapses in care while at a Stanton hospital, we invite you to request a FREE initial consultation with our compassionate legal team without delay. We will evaluate your situation confidentially to determine if you have grounds for a viable negligence claim. Reach out today to learn your rights and legal options by calling (800) 426-5546 now. The risks of postponing action can jeopardize your entitlement to compensation, so act promptly to protect your interests after medical negligence. Our lawyers are standing by to support Orange County families in seeking justice.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)What is the statute of limitations for filing a California medical malpractice lawsuit?
You have one year from the date when the injury occurred to file a claim. There are exceptions for children injured by medical negligence to allow time to reach the age of maturity.Are most hospital negligence cases settled out of court?
Yes. Approximately 95% of medical malpractice claims are settled through negotiations between lawyers prior to trial. But our firm prepares every case for trial, and we are not afraid to litigate if reasonable agreements cannot be reached.What if a doctor who harmed me does not work for the hospital directly?
Hospitals have a responsibility to supervise all medical care administered at their facilities - regardless if performed by a direct employee or contracted provider. As such, the hospital shares liability.Can filing a complaint with a hospital trigger them to falsify records?
It is extremely foolish and illegal for hospitals to attempt to cover-up incidents by altering documents after-the-fact. Our former defense lawyers are experts at identifying tampered records that suggest obstruction.How much money can someone recover in a medical negligence case?
There is no cap on medical liability cases in California, but awards typically correlate with severity of injury, length of suffering, and degree of negligence. Individual facts dictate.