San Gabriel, CA Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Being admitted into the hospital is supposed to provide a sense of relief – you’re in good hands with professionals who know how to provide the best care. But sometimes, inadequate or substandard treatment leads to further injury, pain, and suffering. If you or a loved one experienced additional harm while hospitalized in San Gabriel or the surrounding region in California, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. The accomplished lawyers at Moseley Collins Law handle hospital negligence cases and will vigorously investigate mistakes made during your care. With over 40 years bringing justice nationwide, we have the expertise to stand up to large hospitals responsible for grievous errors.Common Types of Preventable Hospital Errors
When you are admitted to a local San Gabriel hospital or medical center, you rightfully expect high-quality treatment from all personnel. But unfortunately, serious errors occur far too often from:
- Misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis – Missing or overlooking symptoms leads to insufficient treatment
- Surgical mistakes – Wrong-site surgery, leaving foreign objects inside patients after surgery, anesthesia errors, etc.
- Medication errors – Administering the wrong drug or incorrect dosage
- Discharge too soon – Releasing a patient prematurely before stable leads to complications
- Childbirth injuries – Errors during labor/delivery causes infant brain damage
- Inadequate infection control – Poor sanitary practices spread dangerous infections
- Failure to monitor – Lack of supervision for unstable patients
The accomplished lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have seen these types of medical errors time and again, and know exactly how to establish negligence through sympathetic medical experts. By thoroughly evaluating your records, we build strong arguments regarding the hospitals’ failures while compassionately guiding clients through legal processes.Understanding Hospital Liability in Medical Malpractice Cases
Hospitals can be held accountable for avoidable errors made by their personnel that hurt patients. While no medical system is perfect, you deserve compensation if harmed by incompetent staff or dangerous conditions. The Moseley Collins Law legal team helps victims in cities and communities throughout the San Gabriel area, including:
- Monterey Park
- San Marino
- South El Monte
- South Pasadena
- Temple City
Other areas we serve include:
- Rowland Heights
- Baldwin Park
- San Gabriel
Moseley Collins Law lawyers offer free consultations to examine what went wrong and preserve your rights. Although verdicts and settlements vary substantially based on the severity of injury and losses, financial recovery can help pay for years of specialized medical care, therapy, equipment, home accessibility modifications, lost wages, and other necessities. It also makes hospitals accountable, so the same mistakes are not repeated again.Major Hospitals Serving San Gabriel
San Gabriel has several major hospitals and medical centers available to residents:San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
The medical center has a 289-bed acute care facility with 24/7 emergency services. It offers specialty care in areas such as cancer, maternity, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, stroke care, and surgical services.
Mission Community Hospital is a 131-bed medical center providing complete care backed by leading technology. Specialty areas include bariatric, cardiology, emergency, gastroenterology, imaging, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, sleep disorders, and wound care. https://www.missionhosp.org/East Valley Hospital
East Valley Hospital is a full-service 153-bed acute care facility with an emphasis on senior care and services. It delivers specialized orthopedic, rehabilitation, cancer, diabetes, and general medical care with compassion.
Greater El Monte Community Hospital offers emergency, wound care, respiratory services as well as specialty practices in areas such as cardiology, orthopedics, podiatry, and plastic surgery.
Hospitals are complex environments with many moving parts, but this does not excuse lax policies, undertrained staff, outdated technology, or other deficiencies introducing excessive risks. When breaches in standards of care lead to catastrophic outcomes, malpractice litigation makes these institutions take responsibility.
Although filing a hospital negligence lawsuit takes time and resources, the Moseley Collins Law firm diligently strives to ease clients’ burdens during the legal processes. Lawyers assist victims and families every step of the way when pursuing financial damages, including:
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records
- Researching applicable regulations and standards of care
- Identifying negligent behaviors and misjudgments
- Consulting with 4+ sympathetic medical experts in relevant fields
- Calculating current and long-term economic damages
- Preparing documents and arguments demonstrating liability
- Settlement negotiations persuading hospitals to pay fair compensation
Moseley Collins Law has helped severely injured clients hold hospitals accountable for years, equipped with the experience and resources to take on these massive entities. Victims can rest assured these lawyers will fight for real justice.Damages Available in Medical Malpractice Cases
When filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, the plaintiff pursues financial compensation for their losses and damages resulting from a healthcare provider's negligence. The types and amounts of damages that can be recovered depend on the specific details and severity of each case.Economic Damages
Economic damages in malpractice cases aim to reimburse tangible monetary losses related to a victim’s injury or illness. These can include:
- Medical expenses – All past and estimated future medical costs associated with correcting the damage originally and any required follow-up care, medications, assistive devices, etc. This is often the largest damage.
- Lost earning capacity – Value of income lost due to missing work and loss of future earning capacity. Consider wages lost already and future impacted ability to earn.
- Loss of household contributions – Value placed on work around home the injured can no longer perform.
- Rehabilitation costs – Any occupational or physical therapy expenses.
- Out-of-pocket costs – Miscellaneous costs for hospital visits, travel for care, medical equipment, etc.
Based on quality-of-life impacts rather than dollar amounts, these subjective damages compensate for physical pain and emotional trauma stemming from errors:
- Pain and suffering – Cover physical discomfort and distress experienced because of malpractice.
- Mental anguish – Compensates for emotional consequences like depression, anxiety, PTSD, grief, hopelessness, etc.
- Loss of consortium – Damages awarded to an injured patient's spouse for loss of intimacy, companionship, services, etc.
In rare cases where misconduct is determined excessively reckless or egregious, courts impose additional punitive damages to punish and deter future gross negligence. Punitive amounts vary greatly based on case specifics.An Experienced Lawyer Determines Appropriate Value
Calculating exact volumes for each damage element is highly complex and requires an in-depth understanding of legal processes. An accomplished medical malpractice lawyer can leverage knowledge and resources to build a strong damages demand benefiting the plaintiff.Compassionate Representation From Industry Leaders
With over 40 years bringing malpractice lawsuits nationwide and success helping victims statewide, the Moseley Collins Law firm has in-depth perspective on prevailing against negligent health organizations. Our capabilities include:
- Among few firms concentrating exclusively on medical malpractice representation
- One of the largest malpractice verdict judgments in California history
- Meticulous case preparation leveraging medical resources and experts
- History of building strong arguments proving liability
Yet we understand that no amount of money can make up for devastation related to avoidable medical errors. The lawyers provide caring counsel to help victims and grieving families deal with aftermaths. Their passion comes from a place of genuine empathy.
At the initial consultation, accomplished lawyers compassionately evaluate potential malpractice cases free-of-charge. Even if the firm cannot take on representation officially, we impart guidance so victims understand their rights and next steps. The top priority is helping victims and preventing future anguish.Secure Legal Counsel From an Established Hospital Negligence Law Firm
Don’t delay in contacting qualified medical malpractice lawyers to explore your options after experiencing negligence at any San Gabriel hospital or medical center. Moseley Collins Law helps victims in San Gabriel, CA and throughout the region pursue rightful compensation and long-term support. Consult directly with compassionate lawyers for free by calling (800) 426-5546 today.Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I know if what happened qualifies as medical malpractice?
You may have a valid case if health professionals did not meet accepted standards of medical care, resulting in injury or illness significantly worse than the original condition. A lawyer can analyze specifics to give guidance.Will filing a malpractice lawsuit bankrupt my family?
At Moseley Collins Law, lawyers are conscious of clients’ financial constraints and cautiously evaluate viable cases upfront before recommending moving forward. They ease monetary burdens throughout processes.Who pays for experts required to prove malpractice?
The law firm fronts costs for credentialed specialists upon case evaluation, only recouping expenses from final settlements or verdicts. So, clients owe nothing upfront.Can I file a malpractice suit if a loved one died because of medical negligence?
Yes, wrongful death claims arise when poor medical care causes a patient to die prematurely. Moseley Collins Law pursues such cases seeking justice.Will going to court require much of my time or travel?
The lawyers understand clients’ limitations so they conduct filings, court appearances, depositions, investigations – essentially moving the case forward while clients focus on recovery.