Franklin Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
When healthcare professionals fail to meet the standard of care and cause preventable patient harm, they must be held accountable. If you or someone you love has suffered due to medical negligence in Franklin, WA, you have legal rights under Washington law. The dedicated medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law can fight on your behalf to obtain justice.About Our Medical Malpractice Law Firm
Moseley Collins Law is a distinguished medical malpractice law firm with over 40 years of experience representing victims in Washington state and beyond. Our lawyers focus exclusively on medical negligence cases, and have an in-depth understanding of this complex area of law.
We have successfully handled hundreds of cases and recovered millions of dollars in compensation for clients nationwide. When you choose us to handle your medical malpractice case, you can trust that you will have an elite team of legal professionals on your side. We have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate errors, build strong arguments on your behalf, and pursue maximum compensation through settlements or litigation.
Our ultimate goal is to provide compassionate, personalized representation to each client while aggressively fighting for their rights. We understand the devastating impacts medical negligence can have, and do everything possible to help victims and their families move forward and obtain justice.Reasons to Choose Us for Your Medical Malpractice Claim
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to medical negligence in the Franklin area, the accomplished medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law can help. Here are some of the key reasons victims choose us to handle their important cases:
- Extensive Experience - Our 40+ years of focused expertise sets us apart. We've handled nearly every type of medical error and have recovered millions for past clients.
- Client-Focused Approach - We build close relationships with clients and provide individualized attention every step of the way. Your needs come first.
- Proven Results - Our track record of success separates us from other firms. We've won verdicts and settlements for clients nationwide.
- Attorney Resources - We assemble elite teams including medical experts, investigators, researchers, and support staff to build strong cases.
If you want accomplished lawyers fighting for justice on your behalf, contact Moseley Collins Law today to learn more about how we can help.How Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help Patients in Franklin, WA
The legal team at Moseley Collins Law leverages extensive resources to help victims of medical malpractice in Franklin, WA and statewide. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Conducting Thorough Investigations - We collect all pertinent medical records, review documentation, interview witnesses, and work with independent experts to understand exactly what happened. No detail is overlooked.
- Evaluating Liability - We analyze the records to identify breaches in the standard of care and develop a legal argument establishing negligence.
- Valuing Damages - We assess both economic and non-economic damages to pursue maximum compensation for your losses.
- Communicating with Care - We explain the process every step of the way and address all your questions and concerns with compassion.
- Negotiating Aggressively - We work to obtain fair settlement offers, fighting relentlessly for full compensation.
- Taking Cases to Court - If reasonable settlements cannot be reached through negotiation, we are fully prepared to litigate cases and take them to trial.
- Handling Appeals - If the outcome at trial is unsatisfactory, we will pursue appeals as needed to fight for justice.
- Removing Liens & Encumbrances - We negotiate with insurers to reduce health care liens to ensure you keep more compensation.
Our lawyers and professional support staff are dedicated to guiding victims through the legal process while minimizing stress and inconvenience. With us by your side, you can focus on your recovery while we handle fighting for the outcome you deserve.Areas of Medical Negligence We Handle
At Moseley Collins Law, our medical malpractice lawyers handle a wide range of cases involving errors by healthcare professionals, including:
- Surgical Mistakes - Preventable mistakes occurring during inpatient or outpatient surgeries.
- Misdiagnosis - Failure to accurately diagnose conditions in a timely manner, resulting in worsening illness or harm.
- Birth Injuries - Negligence during labor/delivery causing injuries to mother or baby.
- Medication Errors - Being prescribed or administered the wrong drug or dosage.
- Anesthesia Negligence - Injury arising from anesthesia errors during surgical procedures.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect - Failure to adequately care for patients in long-term care facilities.
- Laboratory Mistakes - Errors processing medical tests such as false-positive HIV tests.
- Hospital Falls - Failure to implement adequate fall-prevention protocols.
No matter what type of medical negligence occurred, our team can fully investigate what happened and help victims recover compensation.Proving Liability in Medical Malpractice Cases
Proving medical malpractice under Washington law involves showing:
- The medical provider had a duty of care: There was a direct provider-patient relationship.
- Breach of the standard of care: The provider failed to treat the patient reasonably under the circumstances. Often this involves violating established protocols.
- Damages/injury: The breach directly caused significant harm or injury to the patient.
- Losses deserve compensation: Monetary damages can help the victim recover from losses.
Proving these legal elements can be complex. Moseley Collins Law works with independent specialists with years of clinical experience to analyze records and provide opinions showing exactly how the provider breached the standard of care and caused the injury. We take all steps necessary to demonstrate liability for malpractice.Potential Damage Awards in Medical Negligence Cases
If our lawyers are able to establish liability and prove that medical negligence occurred, you may be entitled to several types of monetary damages, such as:
- Medical expenses, both past and future, including hospitalization, surgery, therapy, in-home nursing care, special equipment, etc.
- Income loss from being unable to work during recovery.
- Future loss of earning capacity if debilitating permanent injuries prevent you from working.
- Noneconomic damages for physical pain and emotional distress.
- Loss of consortium damages related to impact on spousal relations.
- Punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or misconduct.
Our goal is to pursue every possible damage award available so our clients can recover fair and just compensation.Time Limits for Filing Medical Malpractice Claims in Washington
It is crucial to act promptly if you decide to pursue a medical malpractice claim in Washington. These cases must adhere to strict statutes of limitation including:
- 3 years from the date of injury or 1 year from the date of discovery (when you realized malpractice occurred), whichever is later, for adults.
- Same limits apply for minors. There are no extensions or exceptions for children.
Failure to file a claim within this allotted time can permanently extinguish the victim's right to recover damages. Having an experienced medical malpractice lawyer on your side ensures deadlines are met and legal action is taken promptly.
Contact Moseley Collins Law as soon as possible after suspecting malpractice so we can immediately begin investigating your case and taking steps to preserve your legal rights. Don't delay.Major Hospitals Serving Franklin, Washington
Patients in the Franklin area rely on major regional hospitals and medical centers to provide critical care and treatment. These include:
Franciscan St. Francis Hospital - Federal Way A 275-bed community hospital offering comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services.
St. Joseph Medical Center - Tacoma A 328-bed hospital providing advanced care including cancer treatment, neurosurgery, heart procedures and women's services.
Good Samaritan Hospital - Puyallup A 321-bed regional medical center that is part of the MultiCare health system, with emergency services and advanced surgical care.
MultiCare Auburn Medical Center - Provides emergency care, diagnostic services, birth center and surgery to Auburn and nearby communities.
Valley Medical Center - Renton A leading South King County hospital and part of UW Medicine, offering specialized treatment including burn care and transplantation.
If you or a loved one experienced medical negligence at any hospital or medical facility in the greater Franklin area, our lawyers can help. We work with cases from healthcare providers throughout the region.Examples of Medical Negligence Seen in Franklin Area Cases
Medical professionals in Franklin and surrounding areas work hard to deliver safe, competent care. However, some examples of errors our lawyers have seen in local cases include:
- Failure to accurately and promptly diagnose heart attack, stroke, infections, cancer, and other emergent conditions. Delaying treatment allows conditions to worsen.
- Surgical mistakes such as operating on the wrong site, leaving foreign objects inside patients after procedures, or accidentally puncturing organs.
- Anesthesia errors during surgery leading to serious brain damage or death. This includes administering improper dosages.
- Birth injuries such as Erb's Palsy, cerebral palsy, and brachial plexus injuries caused by excessive force or negligence during delivery.
- Nursing home neglect such as falls, bedsores, poor hygiene, malnutrition, and dehydration.
- Failure by hospital staff to appropriately monitor high-risk patients.
- Administering contraindicated drugs or improper dosages.
If you experienced any type of medical negligence, we can fully investigate and fight for justice on your behalf. Our lawyers and professional team will work diligently to prove malpractice occurred in even the most complex cases.Recovering After Suffering Medical Malpractice in Franklin, WA
The physical and emotional impacts of medical malpractice can be utterly devastating. Victims are often left permanently disabled and unable to work. They frequently require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation services. Normal life is forever disrupted.
While our experienced medical malpractice lawyers can never undo the damage and trauma victims endure, we can fight for financial compensation to cover critical needs and help them move forward. With appropriate compensation, victims can:
- Pay extensive medical bills not covered by insurance.
- Afford needed medications, therapies, in-home healthcare, and other treatments.
- Obtain modified vehicles and make home accessibility modifications if disabled.
- Replace lost income to continue supporting themselves and their families.
- Access counseling and other therapies to help cope with psychological impacts.
Though money can never make up for what happened, sufficient compensation can provide much-needed stability and improve quality of life after malpractice. Our lawyers will pursue maximum damages so victims have resources to recover.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Malpractice Claim?
If you or someone you care about suffered harm due to medical negligence in the Franklin area, choosing the right lawyer to pursue a malpractice claim is crucial. At Moseley Collins Law, we have the expertise, experience, and track record of success to help injured victims and families obtain justice.
Our lawyers offer:
- 40+ years of medical negligence litigation experience.
- A proven record of winning verdicts and settlements for clients.
- Extensive resources to build strong cases, including working with medical experts.
- A client-focused approach, providing compassionate counsel every step.
- A dedicated legal team that will fight relentlessly on your behalf.
Contact our knowledgeable Franklin medical malpractice lawyers for a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help you pursue compensation.Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Franklin Medical Malpractice Team
The first step in pursuing a medical malpractice claim is consulting with a qualified lawyer to evaluate your potential case. At Moseley Collins Law, we provide free, confidential case assessments to any victim of medical negligence in Franklin, WA.
Our lawyers will:
- Review what happened and assess potential negligence.
- Explain your legal rights and options in Washington.
- Outline the process our firm will follow to build and litigate your case.
- Answer all your questions and address your concerns.
You have nothing to lose by meeting with us but everything to gain. Our lawyers can provide the information and guidance you need to make an informed decision about pursuing a claim against negligent medical providers.
We encourage you to contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation today. Don't wait to get answers and understand your legal options after medical malpractice. Call Moseley Collins Law now at 800-426-5546. Justice and compensation may be closer than you think.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to meet the accepted standard of care and causes harm, injury, or death to a patient. Examples include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose conditions, medication errors, childbirth injuries, and more. Just because a bad outcome occurred does not mean malpractice happened - there must be negligence that led to the harm.How Can a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help Me in Franklin, WA?
An experienced medical malpractice lawyer can fully investigate your case, gather evidence and expert opinions showing negligence occurred, calculate your damages, negotiate with insurance companies, and take your case to trial if needed to fight for compensation. They understand medical negligence laws and can navigate the complex legal process for you.How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Franklin Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Reputable medical malpractice lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront. The lawyer only collects a percentage of the compensation as their fee if they successfully win your case. This ensures affordable representation.What Factors Determine the Value of a Medical Malpractice Case?
Key factors include the severity of injuries, length of recovery, permanent impairments, impact on employment, need for ongoing care, amount of verifiable medical costs and lost income, and amount of pain and suffering. Experienced lawyers determine case value.How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Washington?
The statute of limitations is 3 years from the date of injury or 1 year from the date of discovery, whichever is later. It is crucial to act quickly and consult a qualified malpractice lawyer as soon as possible after medical negligence occurs, so you do not run out of time to pursue compensation.