Edmonds Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Have you or someone you love suffered catastrophic injuries, permanent disability, or even death due to preventable medical errors in Edmonds or anywhere in Snohomish County, WA? When trusted healthcare providers fail to uphold reasonable standards of care – whether through inaccurate diagnosis, surgical mistakes, medication errors, or negligence in any form – our compassionate medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law can help.
For over 40 years, our accomplished lawyers have successfully represented medical malpractice victims nationwide. We are committed to protecting your rights and holding healthcare providers fully accountable if substandard care resulted in grave suffering or tragic loss of life for you or your family.Overview of Edmonds, WA
Edmonds is a scenic waterfront community in Snohomish County situated along the shores of Puget Sound, just 20 minutes north of downtown Seattle. Nearly 43,000 residents call this family-friendly city home.
Well-known for abundant parks, beaches, and public art, Edmonds also provides easy access to major employers in the region. Many residents make the quick commute to careers in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett or nearby towns.
Some of the main medical facilities serving Edmonds patients include:
Swedish Edmonds Hospital – Part of the extensive Swedish healthcare network across Puget Sound, this 241-bed hospital provides emergency medicine, cancer care, childbirth services, surgery and other specialties.
Edmonds Family Medicine – Edmonds Family Medicine clinic offers compassionate primary and preventative care including well-child visits, chronic disease management, acute illness treatment, and more.
EvergreenHealth Medical Group – With 40+ primary and specialty care clinics across the region, EvergreenHealth provides quality care close to home for Edmonds families at its neighborhood care locations.
Community Health Center of Snohomish County – This vital clinic offers affordable healthcare services on an income-based sliding fee scale to vulnerable groups across Snohomish County.Examples of Preventable Medical Errors
While the vast majority of doctors, nurses and healthcare technicians provide quality lifesaving interventions and essential routine patient care every day, the inherently complex nature of medicine means errors can slip through the cracks – harming innocent people when reasonable standards of care fail.
Some potentially devastating yet avoidable medical errors that commonly form the basis of malpractice lawsuits include:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of illnesses like cancer, infections, vascular issues, stroke – Catching and promptly treating these serious conditions vastly improves prognoses. Missed or inaccurate diagnoses rob patients of precious treatment time.
- Surgical mistakes during procedures at Edmonds or Seattle hospitals – From operating on the wrong body part to accidental organ punctures, nerve damage or uncontrolled bleeding during surgery. Patients may also suffer disfiguring post-op infections or surgical items retained internally.
- Anesthesia administration errors that cause insufficient oxygen flow to the brain or other organs during surgery – Tragic cases result in hypoxic brain damage, organ failure, coma or death.
- Medication errors at local pharmacies or administered incorrectly in facilities – Prescribing or giving the wrong drug, incorrect dose, or failing to account for contraindications or allergic reactions harms thousands annually.
- Preventable infections transmitted via unsterile equipment or hospital negligence regarding sanitary precautions also jeopardizes recovery.
- Nursing home resident abuse or neglect – When facilities inadequately staff or train employees, horrific neglect cases leave elderly residents further injured or dead from things like bedsores, malnutrition falls and underlying illnesses exacerbated by unchecked decline.
In addition to helping Edmonds medical malpractice clients, Moseley Collins Law assists injured victims and grieving families across Snohomish County cities and towns including:
- Gold Bar
- Granite Falls
- Lake Stevens
- Mill Creek
- Mountlake Terrace
No matter which city you live in, an initial consultation regarding your potential medical negligence case costs nothing. Our lawyers meet with injured patients or grieving families whenever feasible during initial reviews of what occurred and options moving forward.Demonstrating Valid Grounds for a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Like any negligence claim, demonstrating medical malpractice in Washington civil court requires showing:
- A provider-patient relationship existed, establishing a healthcare provider’s duty of care
- The medical professional or hospital breached this duty by failing to meet accepted standards of care
- This breach directly caused the patient additional harm, injury-related expenses, permanent disability or wrongful death
Gathering the mountain of pertinent facts and documentation necessary to prove liability requires both legal knowledge and medical experts. Our extensive background focused exclusively on medical negligence litigation provides the insight to thoroughly investigate allegations of subpar care resulting in grave suffering for Edmonds families. We build strong arguments attributing victims’ losses directly to providers’ profit-driven errors.Why Choose Us for Your Medical Injury Case
With four decades of proven success holding healthcare facilities, doctors and nurses fully liable after negligence devastates families, the accomplished medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law deliver exceptional legal representation tailored to victims’ needs.
Some top reasons injured patients and bereaved families choose us include:
- Extensive background focused on complex regional medical negligence claims unlike general practice firms
- Compassionate and respectful communication style appreciated by clients during difficult times
- Meticulous investigations leaving no stone unturned while examining events and records
- We only consult the most reputable independent medical experts when assessing breaches in standards of care
- A consistent record of recovering 8 and 7-figure settlements to cover victims’ mounting medical bills, lost income, and lifelong care
- Not afraid to take cases to trial when settlement offers fail adequately compensate losses
- No out-of-pocket legal expenses or retained fees for our services
The dedicated Edmonds medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law offer free family consultations to candidly discuss case potential and provide honest guidance regarding legal options. We empower victims to make fully informed choices during difficult times.Damages Available in Medical Negligence Lawsuits
When healthcare facilities, doctors, nurses and other professionals breach duties to Edmonds patients – resulting in advancement of illnesses, catastrophic injury, permanent disability or wrongful death – victims or surviving loved ones may pursue compensation under WA law for:
- Payment of all past and future accident-related medical treatment expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- In-home nursing care
- Specialized therapy costs
- Loss of income from missed work
- Reduced future earnings capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium between spouses
- Wrongful death benefits like funeral costs and loss of companionship for surviving family members
Securing rightful compensation cannot reverse damage inflicted by medical negligence. But it ensures catastrophically injured patients and grieving families gain necessary resources to move forward in their journey toward healing. Financial settlements also act as the only way to force accountability – potentially sparing future patients from profit-driven medical errors.Statute of Limitations for Filing Edmonds Medical Malpractice Claims
To take legal action after medical negligence, Edmonds families must file claims within strict statutes of limitation or forfeit all rights permanently.
In most adult cases, RCW 4.16.350 requires filing medical malpractice claims within three years from the date of injury or one year from the point negligence reasonably should have been discovered. Exceptions extending this window exist for minors injured by healthcare treatment errors.
Given the complexity of compiling pertinent medical records, retaining reputable independent experts to assess breaches in standards of care and negotiating with insurance carriers, contacting our medical malpractice lawyers immediately after errors proves critical maximizing potential for successful case outcomes.Our Track Record of Past Settlements & Verdicts
With over 40 years focused on handling medical malpractice claims nationwide, Moseley Collins Law boasts an accomplished track record delivering exceptional monetary compensation results for catastrophically injured clients and grieving families when negligence causes grave suffering.
While past results cannot guarantee specific outcomes, they showcase our proven ability leveraging subpar care standards to secure 8 and 7-figure financial recoveries. Edmonds families victimized by medical errors can feel confident our lawyers will fight relentlessly – out of court or in the courtroom if necessary – to recover maximum available compensation for injuries, lost wages and suffering when healthcare providers breach sacred duties to patients.Our Philosophy: Clients Are Family
Beyond the courtroom, our steadfast commitment and comprehensive approach to claims provides hope for rebuilding lives despite tragic circumstances. We treat all clients like family – fostering communal bonds through shared adversity. Although securing financial stability helps victims move forward, it also acts as the only mechanism forcing change and accountability from profit-driven healthcare corporations.
If medical errors devastated your Edmonds family, we welcome the opportunity to ease heavy burdens during vulnerability. Please call us at 800-426-5546 for a free consultation regarding your potential malpractice case today. Our compassionate lawyers proudly shoulder initial financial risk so victims can make fully informed choices in seeking rightful justice.Frequently Asked Questions What Constitutes Medical Malpractice in Edmonds?
When trusted Edmonds healthcare professionals fail to meet locally accepted standards of care, resulting in otherwise preventable patient injury, advancement of illnesses or wrongful death, grounds exist for a medical malpractice lawsuit under WA law.What Must Someone Prove to Demonstrate Valid Justification Suing my Edmonds Doctor or Hospital?
Injured patients must successfully demonstrate three key elements: (1) a provider-patient relationship existed - establishing a healthcare provider duty of care, (2) this duty was breached due to substandard medical treatment, and (3) the breach directly caused further damages, such as permanent disability, expenses, or untimely death that reasonable care could have prevented.What Types of Damages Might My Family Recover in an Edmonds Medical Malpractice Case?
If negligence is proven, potential financial compensation under WA law may include coverage of all accident-related medical bills, rehabilitation costs, future nursing care expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of life enjoyment, loss of spousal consortium and in fatal cases funeral bills plus wrongful death damages.Is There a Deadline for Pursing Legal Action After Medical Negligence in Edmonds?
Yes. Washington's statute of limitations says victims typically have a maximum of either three years from the malpractice date or one year after discovering negligence likely occurred to file a claim or else forfeit all legal rights permanently.