Covina, CA Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Finding yourself the victim of medical malpractice can be an extremely difficult and challenging situation. You place your health and wellbeing in the hands of trusted medical professionals, but when mistakes happen, you may suffer life-altering injuries. The experienced medical malpractice lawyers of Moseley Collins Law fight on behalf of victims who have been harmed by hospital negligence. With over 40 years assisting clients nationwide, we have the resources and dedication to stand up to negligent hospitals and medical staff in pursuit of the compensation you deserve.Understanding Medical Negligence That Causes Patient Harm
Medical facilities throughout the Covina area, doctors, nurses, technicians, and other staff to provide patient care. While most medical providers meet acceptable standards, some fail to live up to their duties, displaying negligence that compromises patient health.
Common medical mistakes that qualify as malpractice when they negatively impact patients include:
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose serious health conditions
- Surgical errors and mistakes during invasive procedures
- Birth injuries to babies during labor and delivery
- Administering the wrong medications or incorrect dosages
- Ordering unnecessary procedures that damage patient health
- Failing to properly monitor patients during recovery
When substandard medical care leads to extensive injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one, you need a lawyer who makes hospital accountability a priority. The Covina medical malpractice lawyers from Moseley Collins Law take a compassionate yet aggressive approach to such cases. We perform our own intensive investigation to build strong claims for victims harmed by health organizations and staff members who fail to uphold acceptable standards of care.Major Hospitals Serving the Covina Area
For residents of Covina and nearby cities like West Covina, Glendora, and San Dimas, there is access to several large hospital systems providing a wide range of inpatient and specialized medical care:
Emanate Health Inter-Community Campus - Critical access hospital with 24/7 ER, intensive care, medical imaging, surgical care, and specialty units like cardiac, stroke, labor & delivery.
Plott Medical Center - Part of Engemann Healthcare System providing emergency, intensive care, surgical services, childbirth, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation therapies.
San Dimas Community Hospital - 131-bed facility offering full ER, ICU level care along with orthopedics, diagnostics, rehabilitation programs.
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center - 453-beds and growing, this advanced regional medical center has award-winning patient programs for heart health, cancer, neurology, trauma, intensive care, and more specialized medicine.Service Areas Throughout the San Gabriel Valley
The accomplished medical malpractice lawyers of Moseley Collins Law assist clients from communities located throughout the San Gabriel Valley including:
- Covina - Covina, North Covina, South Covina
- West Covina - West Covina, Eastland
- Glendora - Glendora, La Fetra
- San Dimas - San Dimas, North San Dimas
- La Verne - La Verne, Lordsburg, Bonita, Parmalee
- Pomona - Pomona, Phillips Ranch
- Claremont - Claremont, Indian Hills
- And more towns and neighborhoods located near the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains
For over four decades, Moseley Collins Law has provided victims and families nationwide with personalized, strategic legal guidance related to medical negligence. Our firm has the resources and dedication to stand up to even the most powerful hospitals and health organizations when they display malpractice leading to catastrophic injuries or death. We are proud to state that our efforts have led to millions recovered for deserving clients.
While no amount of money can undo the damage of malpractice, holding providers fully accountable is necessary to prevent similar incidents in the future. Our Covina medical malpractice legal team leaves no stone unturned when investigating cases like:
- Birth injuries like cerebral palsy, Erb’s or Klumpke’s palsy, hypoxia
- Misdiagnosed or delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Surgical errors including punctured organs, foreign objects left in body, anesthesia errors
- Failure to accurately interpret imaging tests, lab results
- Emergency room negligence involving stroke, heart attack, sepsis
- Medication errors with incorrect drugs or dosages
We thoroughly examine medical records, consult expert witnesses, and take other steps to prove our clients suffered avoidable harm due to medical negligence. Our goal with every malpractice lawsuit is to achieve maximum compensation through settlement or trial while enacting positive change in patient care protocols.Compassionate Legal Advocates for Families Harmed by Hospital Negligence
Coping with an unexpected major injury or the loss of someone close can be overwhelming. The complexity of medical malpractice law adds further challenges. At Moseley Collins Law, we make it a priority to provide compassionate guidance and support so clients can focus on recovery and the future while we address the legal matters related to their cases.
Our accomplished lawyers and full legal staff help by:
- Offering free in-depth case evaluations during which we listen to clients’ situations and provide honest insight into their legal options
- Conducting our own investigations to build evidence proving negligence caused serious preventable patient harm
- Determining the full scope of economic and non-economic damages suffered due to medical errors
- Negotiating vigorously with insurance carriers to fight for maximum compensation through settlements
- Taking cases to trial when fair settlements cannot be reached
We welcome the opportunity to discuss the details of your situation during a free consultation. Please call 800-426-5546 or contact us online today to learn how we can assist your family. We provide legal services to clients in Covina, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona, and other nearby areas.Hospital Staff Errors Resulting in Birth Injuries and Cerebral Palsy
The joy of bringing a new life into the world should not be marred by medical errors causing harm to infants. Yet hospital negligence related to labor and delivery leads to serious birth injuries with alarming frequency. When staff errors during prenatal care or the birthing process result in cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, or other damages, the family deserves accountability and fair compensation.How Might Medical Providers Err During Labor and Delivery?
Childbirth involves carefully monitoring both infant and mother to avoid complications. When doctors, nurses, or other medical personnel become distracted or negligent, they may commit errors like:
- Failing to respond quickly enough to signs of fetal distress
- Applying too much force with vacuum extraction or forceps that injure the infant
- Improperly administering anesthesia or other medications to the mother
- Not performing a necessary C-section due to delays or miscommunication between staff
- Discharging newborn babies from the hospital too soon
All these mistakes and more can result in scary outcomes for infants like:
- Cerebral palsy - brain damage causing mobility impairment and other disability
- Perinatal asphyxia - newborn oxygen deprivation leading to severe complications
- Erb’s palsy - nerve injury during delivery resulting in arm paralysis
- Bone fractures - broken collar bones or other bones due to doctor/nurse errors
- Cognitive deficits - due to preventable brain trauma suffered right after birth
No outcome is more tragic than losing an infant due to incompetent care during the birthing process. When poor monitoring and negligence leads a mother to still give birth because signs of distress went unnoticed, the hospital must be held fully accountable.Justice and Accountability for Preventable Birth Injuries
The medical malpractice lawyers with Moseley Collins Law pursue maximum compensation for clients whose children suffer entirely preventable birth injuries at local hospitals like Emanate Health Inter-Community Campus. We dedicate extensive resources toward proving:
- Doctors, nurses, or other hospital staff failed to adhere to accepted standards of neonatal and labor/delivery care
- There were clear signs infant distress the personnel overlooked or responded to too slowly
- Errors like delayed emergency C-sections or improper use of birthing instruments caused catastrophic damage
- A child now lives with severe disability and special lifetime care needs due to negligence
Successfully holding medical staff and hospitals fully accountable both financially compensates families and motivates improved patient safety measures to avoid repeat tragedies. While money can never make up for birth injury outcomes like cerebral palsy or ongoing health challenges, it secures necessary resources for the child’s current and future treatments, adaptive technologies, round-the-clock supportive care, and other special needs.
We encourage any family whose child suffered preventable harm during the birthing process to connect with our compassionate legal team for a free consultation by calling 800-426-5546. The dedicated birth injury lawyers and staff at Moseley Collins Law support clients from Covina, Glendora, West Covina, and all nearby cities.Surgical Errors Causing Disability Require Experienced Legal Advocacy
Undergoing surgery always involves some inherent risks no matter how perfectly trained and competent the medical providers may be. However, when doctors or nurses conducting invasive procedures fail to meet reasonable standards of medical care, that’s when disabling surgical errors occur. Surgeons must continually monitor patients under anesthesia, communicate effectively with operating room staff, utilize proper techniques, and take other safety measures to avoid life-altering mistakes.
At Moseley Collins Law, our team has seen the aftermath of surgical errors at medical facilities throughout the Covina area, including:
- Foreign objects like gauze, scalpels, or instruments accidentally left inside patients’ bodies
- Organs, blood vessels, nerves inadvertently cut or punctured during surgery
- Screws, plates, or joint replacements improperly positioned leading to disability
- Anesthesia errors like nerve blocks administered incorrectly
These preventable errors may require invasive corrective surgery, leave patients in excruciating chronic pain, or impair mobility through paralysis or loss of limb function. When surgical negligence leads to such outcomes, hold medical staff fully accountable with dedicated legal representation.Surgical Error Victims Deserve Justice and Financial Compensation
The experienced medical malpractice lawyers with Moseley Collins Law build strong cases to prove surgical incompetence caused life-changing patient harm beyond an acceptable medical probability. We thoroughly investigate errors like:
- Emergency C-sections rushed and disfiguring lacerations caused to infants
- Exploratory laparoscopy leading to punctured organs not detected until days later when sepsis sets in
- Total knee replacements performed improperly requiring reparative surgery still leaving patient with disability
Our legal team consults independent medical experts to evaluate negligence factors related to surgical technique, pre- and post-op care, anesthesia administration, and communication breakdowns between surgeons and OR nurses. We handle many aspects of case-building for clients still attempting to recover physically and emotionally from their surgical nightmares. Successful verdicts and settlements then provide for extensive medical bills, lasting mobility expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages justified under state law.
Patients who underwent surgery at hospitals and clinics in communities like Glendora, Pomona, West Covina, and San Dimas must take legal action if unsafe medical negligence caused their life-changing injuries. We encourage surgical error victims and families to call 800-426-5546 for compassionate, strategic legal guidance.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)What does “medical malpractice” legally mean?
Medical malpractice refers to cases where a medical professional failed to meet widely-accepted standards of healthcare practice, resulting in patient injury or death. This can involve errors, lack of skill, or negligent failure to diagnose and treat conditions properly.What types of medical mistakes may qualify as malpractice?
Some common incidents that may constitute malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosed conditions, childbirth injuries, preventable infections, wrong medications/dosages administered, failure to communicate critical test results, disregard for symptoms requiring emergency intervention, and more.How much does it cost to hire a medical malpractice lawyer?
At Moseley Collins Law, we provide representation to medical negligence victims on a contingency fee basis meaning no upfront costs. We only collect payment after successfully resolving cases in our clients’ favor.What damages might I recover through a hospital negligence lawsuit?
If negligence is proven, you may receive compensation for medical costs, lost income and benefits, pain/suffering, disability expenses, loss of consortium for family members, and other applicable damages. Cases involving death may result in wrongful death damages paid to surviving loved ones.How long do I have to file a medical malpractice claim?
In California, you typically have one year from the date of discovery to file a malpractice lawsuit, and no more than three years maximum. It is imperative to take fast legal action so call us immediately if you or a family member may have suffered harm due to medical negligence.