Cheney Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to medical negligence in Cheney or the surrounding Spokane County area, the dedicated medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law can help. For over 40 years, our lawyers have represented victims of medical errors nationwide, recovering millions for clients. We handle even the most complex cases involving misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes, childbirth injuries, preventable infections, and many other forms of medical negligence.
With extensive experience in this legal field and deep ties to the Eastern Washington community, our Cheney medical malpractice lawyers have the skills and resources to thoroughly investigate your case, build strong arguments proving liability, and relentlessly pursue maximum compensation for all your losses. We welcome Cheney injury victims and bereaved families to schedule a free consultation to discuss your options.Understanding Medical Malpractice in Cheney, WA
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional fails to meet accepted standards of medical care, resulting in patient harm. Doctors, nurses, surgeons, dentists, therapists, pharmacists, and other providers have a duty under WA law to adhere to reasonable, safe practices suited for each patient's situation and needs. When this duty goes breached through negligent actions or omissions, their substandard care constitutes malpractice if injuries occur.
Some examples of medical negligence actions that may warrant a malpractice lawsuit when injuries result include:
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose illnesses and conditions
- Surgical mistakes and procedural complications
- Childbirth injuries to mother or baby
- Improper medication management
- Failure to quickly identify and treat emergency medical crises
- Ordering or conducting unnecessary procedures
- Poor infection prevention and control practices
- Lack of informed consent
- Insufficient patient monitoring and follow-up
The effects of medical malpractice often lead to catastrophic, permanent damages or even wrongful death. That's why pursuing legal accountability is so important - to ensure sufficient compensation that covers all losses.Key Communities We Serve in the Cheney, WA Area
In addition to the city of Cheney where Eastern Washington University is located, Moseley Collins Law helps medical malpractice victims from all across Spokane County pursue justice and recovery after negligent medical care causes harm. Some other key communities we assist clients in include:
- Spokane Valley
- Airway Heights
- Deer Park
- Medical Lake
- Fairchild Air Force Base
- Four Lakes
- Liberty Lake
- Newman Lake
- Otis Orchards-East Farms
If you suffered injuries in any of these Eastern Washington cities and towns, our dedicated Cheney medical malpractice lawyers have the expertise to handle your potential malpractice claim. We go the extra mile for local injury victims and bereaved families.Major Medical Facilities in the Cheney, WA Area
Cheney residents rely on several major hospitals and clinics when requiring medical treatment. Some of the largest medical facilities serving Cheney and Eastern Washington patients include:
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital - This leading Spokane hospital is nationally ranked for cardiology, neurology, pulmonology and other specialty services. As the only Level II pediatric trauma center in a four-state region, they provide high-level care.
MultiCare Deaconess Hospital - With over 250 beds, this Spokane hospital delivers emergency medicine, cancer care, heart health, orthopedics, trauma services and more.
Spokane VA Medical Center - This main Veterans' Administration hospital for Eastern Washington provides care ranging from primary practice to surgery. All VA clinicians must uphold federal standards protecting patients.Frequent Types of Medical Negligence Cases We Handle
From small community clinics to major hospitals, healthcare facilities throughout Eastern Washington provide most patients with quality, attentive care. Yet medical negligence still occurs far too often in a variety of forms, including:
- Failure to diagnose - Spotting illnesses like cancer early leads to vastly better prognoses. However, missing clear symptoms and diagnostic warning signs happens frequently. Delayed or wrong diagnoses may violate the standard of care when harm occurs.
- Surgical mistakes - Already risky procedures like operations become dangerous and irresponsible when physicians operate on wrong body parts or leave objects inside patients. Post-surgical infections also point to negligence.
- Childbirth injuries - When poor decisions during prenatal care or delivery lead to cognitive defects, physical impairments or death of mother or infant, families have legal rights. Common issues seen involve emergency C-sections failures, improper use of medical devices or procedures to induce or hasten labor, inadequate monitoring of fetal distress and preventable birth-related brain injuries.
- Medication errors - Getting the incorrect drugs or dosages leads to extensive adverse reactions and harm. Also failing to spot risky prescription contradictions constitutes negligence.
- Inadequate infection prevention and control - Patients who develop serious infections due to unsterile equipment and tools or overall unsanitary facility conditions may deserve compensation. Breaches in infection safety protocols usually indicate negligence.
The list above merely scratches the surface of the types of medical negligence cases we handle for Cheney-area injury victims. Our first-hand experience confirms that medical errors cause far more injuries and deaths nationwide each year than most people realize. Victims deserve accountability.Our Track Record of Verdicts and Settlements for Clients
With over four decades focused strictly on medical malpractice litigation nationwide on behalf of injured patients and grieving families, Moseley Collins Law boasts an accomplished record of results. While past performance does not guarantee future outcomes, clients can have confidence in our established history securing 8 and 7-figure verdicts and settlements that deliver substantial compensation for harmed victims.
Our Cheney medical malpractice lawyers fully examine the unique circumstances in each case we accept to chart the clearest path forward for clients. Sometimes resolving matters efficiently through settlement negotiations proves optimal. Other times, attempting settlement talks proves fruitless and we have no issue taking cases to trial when justified to fight for victims’ rights. Our opponents know we stand willing, able and prepared to go the distance advocating for injured clients.
The experienced medical malpractice team at Moseley Collins Law encourages Cheney-area victims to connect for honest guidance regarding the merits of potential medical negligence claims. Some victims gain the validation, closure and financial resources needed to move ahead after medical errors cause harm, even when cases fail reaching the legal standard to file medical malpractice lawsuits. Our legal team still points these victims to helpful next steps.Elements Required to Prove Medical Malpractice
During our free consultations with Cheney medical malpractice victims, our veteran medical negligence lawyers evaluate the circumstances of each potential case to determine if the four key legal elements to prove malpractice liability appear present.
- A provider-patient relationship existed that established a professional duty of care owed to the patient;
- Via omission or commission, the provider breached their duty of care through substandard actions or negligence;
- The substandard medical care shown violated accepted local medical provider practices, state laws or federal regulations;
- The provider’s breach appears to have directly resulted in causing the patient’s claimed physical injuries, advancement of illness, disability or death along with quantifiable losses.
With so much at stake for injury victims following an adverse medical event, leveraging an accomplished medical malpractice law firm levels the playing field when battling large healthcare systems and insurers. Skilled lawyers adept at marshaling persuasive arguments and evidence can clearly establish whether grounds exist or not for a malpractice claim. Experts must certify that providers indeed violated sound practices. It's an intricate legal and investigative process we have mastered to clients' benefit.
The medical malpractice lawyers of Moseley Collins Law pursue maximum compensation for injured victims in Cheney and across Eastern Washington when healthcare professionals fail to meet reasonable standards of patient care and cause harm.Statutes of Limitation on Medical Negligence Claims in WA
If injured by medical errors made in Cheney or anywhere statewide, strict statutes of limitation impose deadlines for injury victims to pursue legal action or forfeit rights forever. Adults typically have just three years from the date of medical error or one year from the point they discovered or reasonably should have discovered negligence occurred.
Other unique rules can extend or restrict these limits for minors harmed under age 18 or when evidence of negligence remains actively concealed by providers to avoid liability. Only skilled Cheney medical malpractice lawyers can safely navigate these complex regulations regarding legal timing requirements and exceptions.
Bottom line, at Moseley Collins Law, we advise medical negligence victims to contact us immediately after experiencing concerning medical treatment. Preserving evidence quickly and promptly initiating pre-trial investigation activities while memories, witnesses and files remain intact greatly benefits victims seeking just accountability and sufficient compensation. Never gamble with expiration of strict legal deadlines potentially sacrificing your recourse; consult accomplished local counsel right away.Settlement Process in Medical Negligence Cases
Once retained, our Cheney medical malpractice lawyers take over complete handling of sensitive legal processes so you can remain focused on treatment, recovery and time with family. We immediately:
- Order all relevant medical, billing and investigatory records
- Secure independent medical experts to review all materials
- Determine exact areas providers breached acceptable standards of care
- Establish clear links connecting negligence with suffering and losses
- Calculate both economic and non-economic damages warranting compensation
- Attempt early settlement dialogue with insurers to agree on fair payment
Reputable medical malpractice lawyers invest in case expenses needed to prove negligence claims on speculation of later recoveries. We hire multiple independent specialists with applicable sub-specialty expertise to strengthen findings of breaches in standards - armed with their subject authority, cases carry far greater credibility.
Most legitimate malpractice claims resolve through settlements with providers’ insurance carriers before reaching trial. Building irrefutable arguments substantiated by unbiased medical experts facilitates more substantial settlements; no healthcare facility wishes their negligence spotlighted publicly at trial. Still, sometimes settlement offers fail adequately compensating Cheney victims for their suffering and losses. When warranted, our firm prepares cases for court presentation rather than recommend victims accept unsatisfactory payment amounts.
Throughout settlements or litigation, your experienced medical malpractice legal team eases frustrations associated with legal processes - updating clients on status while phasing matters toward resolution. With reputable counsel managing intricate hurdles, Cheney victims focus energy on healing.Why Choose Moseley Collins Law for Your Medical Injury Case?
With decades dedicated exclusively to navigating these intricate, high-stakes medical malpractice claims nationwide, Moseley Collins Law delivers uniquely informed guidance injury victims require for favorable outcomes. Some top reasons Cheney clients choose us include:
- Highly Esteemed Reputation: Our 40-year track record of precedent-setting verdicts and settlements garners respect from opposing parties. Insurers know we stand capable and ready to go the distance advocating if suitable settlement offers do not promptly materialize.
- Award Winning & Ethical: Both the lawyers individually and our firm collectively earns consistent recognition and awards upholding utmost professional integrity - an ethical commitment to clients we take seriously.
- Elite Level Experience: Exclusively practicing medical malpractice law arms our lawyers with granular legal understanding more generalized practitioners lack. We become subject matter experts able to excel even against top institutional medical defense counsel.
- Meticulous Preparation: We invest in-depth hours and ample resources preparing each case thoroughly because we remain ever trial ready if opposing parties opt not to negotiate acceptable settlements in good faith.
- Personal Service: Clients are people not just case numbers at Moseley Collins Law. We keep you informed, ease frustrations, accommodate unique needs, and counsel sensitively during difficult times. Our dedication earns loyal client referrals.
If medical negligence in a Cheney hospital, emergency room, nursing facility, clinic or doctors office caused you injury or loss in Eastern Washington, the accomplished medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law encourage you to connect today online or call 800-426-5546 for skillful, caring guidance throughout legal processes ahead.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice in Cheney, WA?
Medical malpractice occurs when a Cheney healthcare professional fails to meet the accepted standard of care and harms a patient as a result. Examples include surgical mistakes, misdiagnoses, medication errors, lack of informed consent, childbirth injuries, and more. Negligence must directly cause patient injury or damages.How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Medical Malpractice Case in Cheney?
It can be difficult to determine if malpractice occurred. Consult an experienced Cheney medical malpractice lawyer to review events and records to see if a provider-patient duty was breached through negligent action or inaction. This analysis of standards of care and potential links between breaches and harm are required.What Types of Medical Negligence Cases Do Cheney Lawyers Commonly Handle?
Lawyers in the Cheney area have experience with many types of malpractice cases including surgical errors, failure to diagnose serious conditions, preventable infections, improper prenatal/maternity care resulting in birth injuries, anesthesia mistakes, nursing home abuse cases, prescription errors, and more.What Compensation Is Available in Cheney Medical Malpractice Cases?
If negligence is proven, patients may recover damages like medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, coverage for pain/suffering and emotional distress, and loss of quality of life. In rare fatal cases, families may claim wrongful death benefits related to loss of companionship, grief, and funeral costs.How Much Does Hiring a Cheney Medical Malpractice Lawyer Cost?
Most lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning no payment is required upfront to retain services in Cheney malpractice cases. The lawyer only collects if they successfully recover compensation for the patient, at which point they take a percentage of the settlement or award amount as their fee. This makes legal help accessible.