Washington State Medical Malpractice Lawyer - Hospital Negligence Attorneys
Medical errors cause serious harm to far too many innocent patients in Washington. When you go to a hospital or doctor's office, you trust that you will receive competent, safe health care there. But sometimes healthcare professionals make mistakes that lead to life-altering injuries or wrongful death.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of medical malpractice in Washington, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. The dedicated medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law are here to help injured victims and families pursue justice after substandard medical treatment.
Over the past 40+ years, we have handled hundreds of medical malpractice attorney negligence cases across Washington and throughout the United States. We have the skills and track record to stand up to large hospitals, insurance companies, and negligent doctors and nurses. Our goal is to recover the maximum compensation you deserve so you can move forward after a devastating medical error.
We offer free, no-obligation case evaluations so we can listen to what happened and advise you on your rights. Even if we cannot accept your case ourselves, we will point you in the right direction and offer guidance. Don't go it alone after medical negligence - contact us to fight for the justice you deserve.Major Cities We Serve
Moseley Collins Law assists those harmed by healthcare providers throughout Washington, with offices located in Seattle. We represent clients in all areas of the state, including major metro areas like:Seattle
As the largest city in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle is a healthcare center and home to some of the top hospitals and medical facilities in the region. Sadly, medical mistakes still happen at even the most prestigious healthcare organizations. We help injured victims in Seattle seek accountability after poor medical care, with a track record of success in complex cases against prominent local hospitals and doctors.
In addition to Seattle, we help clients in Eastside and South Sound communities like Bellevue, Renton, Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Sammamish, and more.Spokane
Spokane is the largest inland metropolitan area in the Pacific Northwest and the hub of Eastern Washington. The city’s major hospitals witness their share of medical malpractice victims and errors as well. We assist victims of malpractice in Spokane obtain justice, while supporting clients throughout the region in cities like Spokane Valley, Airway Heights, Cheney, Deer Park, Medical Lake, and others.Tacoma
Home to the iconic Tacoma Dome, Tacoma sits along the Puget Sound just 30 miles south of Seattle. We help victims of healthcare negligence in Tacoma demand accountability and receive full compensation for their injuries. We also assist clients throughout Pierce County in Lakewood, Puyallup, University Place, Bonney Lake, Sumner, and other nearby communities.Vancouver
Just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon, Vancouver has seen rapid growth in recent years. As the population expands, so does the risk of serious medical malpractice lawsuits. We support victims of negligent healthcare providers in Vancouver and throughout the region, including Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, Ridgefield, La Center, and surrounding cities.Bellevue
Bellevue is the fifth largest city in Washington, offering a vibrant small city feel just 10 miles from downtown Seattle. Some of the best medical facilities in the state are located in Bellevue, but errors still happen even at prestigious institutions. We help victims in Bellevue and the Eastside pursue justice after poor medical care. This includes clients in Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Issaquah, Newcastle, and other nearby communities.Counties We Serve
Moseley Collins Law assists injured victims across Washington, from Puget Sound out to the Pacific Coast and inland to the heart of Eastern Washington. Some of the counties we frequently work in include:
- King County - Home to Seattle, Bellevue, Kent, Renton, Redmond, Issaquah, Kirkland, and other major cities. We handle many cases arising from mistakes at Seattle's premier hospitals.
- Snohomish County - Includes Everett, Lynnwood, Marysville, and other communities north of Seattle.
- Pierce County - Tacoma, Lakewood, Puyallup, and other cities south of Seattle. We are very familiar with the major Tacoma hospitals.
- Spokane County - Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, Airway Heights, Medical Lake, and other Eastern Washington cities.
- Clark County - Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, and other metro areas near Portland, OR.
- Whatcom County - Bellingham and towns near the Canadian border.
- Yakima County - Yakima, Selah, Union Gap, and farming communities in Central Washington.
- Kitsap County - Bremerton, Silverdale, Poulsbo, and other towns on the Kitsap Peninsula.
- Thurston County - Olympia and cities surrounding the state capital.
- Grays Harbor County - Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Ocean Shores, and coastal towns.
This is just a few of the counties where we've helped clients after their medical professionals made mistakes. Contact us for a free case review regardless of where you are in Washington.Major Hospitals in the Seattle Area
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Harborview Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard campuses)
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital
- MultiCare Valley Hospital
- Providence Holy Family Hospital
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- Madigan Army Medical Center
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System - American Lake Division
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Vancouver Medical Center
The dedicated medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have seen just about every kind of healthcare mistake imaginable. Some of the more common and most medical malpractice cases we handle include:
- Birth Injuries - When a doctor or nurse's negligence during labor and delivery causes harm to an infant. This includes cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, hypoxia, and other injuries.
- Surgical Errors - Mistakes during surgery such as operating on the wrong site, leaving foreign objects inside, or damaging organs and tissues.
- Misdiagnosis - Failing to recognize signs of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, infections, and other serious conditions.
- Medication Errors - Administering the wrong drug or wrong dosage leading to complications. Also hospital or pharmacy prescription mix-ups.
- Failure to Monitor - Not providing adequate supervision of unstable patients.
- Nursing Home Abuse - Neglecting to assist elderly patients with feeding, changing, or moving, leading to bed sores, infections, and other harms.
- Anesthesia Errors - Administering too much anesthesia leading to cardiac arrest, drug reactions, brain damage or even death.
These are some of the more frequent medical mistakes, but we have extensive experience with all types of cases where a healthcare provider violated the standard of medical care and caused significant personal injury or death.How a Washington State Lawyer Can Help
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim takes extensive time, legal skill, and financial resources. An often experienced medical malpractice attorney lawyer levels the playing field by:
- Conducting a Thorough Investigation - We obtain all pertinent medical records, consult with independent national experts, and fully establish how the healthcare provider's negligence caused the injury.
- Assessing Damages - In addition to physical injuries, we look at all emotional, financial, and other losses the victim will sustain due to the malpractice.
- Handling Negotiations - Medical malpractice cases often come down to negotiating a settlement with insurance companies. We know how to aggressively yet strategically negotiate to maximize compensation.
- Taking the Case to Trial - If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take the case before a judge and jury.
- Obtaining Compensation - Our goal is to secure the maximum amount of damages our clients rightfully deserve after such devastating harm.
- Allowing You to Focus on Recovery - We handle all aspects of the case so you can focus on healing after a traumatic medical error.
The lawyers at Moseley Collins Law have decades of specific experience in medical malpractice litigation. We have the skills and tenacity to stand up to negligent providers and their insurance companies to fight for your rights.Why Choose Us?
What sets Moseley Collins Law apart:
- 40+ Years of Experience - Since our founding, medical malpractice has been our firm's sole focus. We have handled hundreds of cases.
- Record of Success - Our selective case acceptance and aggressive litigation achieve results. We have won millions for clients in verdicts and settlements.
- No Fees Unless We Win - We advance all costs and only collect if we obtain compensation for you.
- 5-Star Reviews - We have hundreds of 5-star reviews on Google which makes us a trusted choice.
- Doctor-Approved - Leading medical experts choose to work with us based on our thorough preparation and high ethical standards.
- Client Compassion - We understand this is a traumatic time. We provide dedicated guidance so you don't feel alone.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by medical negligence anywhere in Washington, we invite you to contact us for a free consultation. Call us at 800-426-5546 or reach out online to schedule a risk-free case review.
The dedicated medical malpractice lawyers at Moseley Collins Law are here to fight for you after a devastating a seattle medical malpractice error. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you obtain justice.Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice in Washington?
Medical malpractice occurs when a Washington healthcare provider fails to meet the accepted standard of care and causes harm to a patient. Examples suspect medical malpractice include surgical mistakes, birth injuries, misdiagnosis, medication errors, lack of informed consent, and more. The victim must show the provider's negligence directly caused their injuries.What Types of Damages Can I Recover in a Washington Medical Malpractice Case?
You may be able to recover damages for medical costs, lost wages, loss of future earnings, pain and suffering, and other losses stemming from the various medical malpractice claims. If negligence resulted in death, the patient's family may recover damages. Punitive damages may be awarded for egregious cases.What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim in Washington?
In most cases, you have 3 years from the date of injury to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Washington. Exceptions include 1 year for childhood vaccine injuries and 8 years for injuries discovered later in adulthood. Talk to a lawyer as the timeline to file medical malpractice claims varies.Does Washington Have a Cap on Medical Malpractice Damages?
No, Washington does not have a statutory cap on medical malpractice damages. You may recover all losses proven in your medical malpractice settlements case. This makes having an experienced lawyer critical.Will I Have to Go to Trial for My Washington Medical Malpractice Case?
While you have a legal right to identify medical malpractice and to a trial, many medical malpractice suits settle out of court. An experienced negotiator can often reach a fair settlement. If not, the lawyer will take it to trial and fight aggressively on your behalf.